Unlike other social networks, Snapchat has slowly become one of the most engaging social platforms.
Thanks to its amazing features, using Snapchat is such a thrill, and having a high snap score makes it more enjoyable.
But how can you get a high Snapchat score?
Although there are quick ways to increase your snap score using third-party apps or sites, they increase your score, but it’s unhealthy growth. Being more active on the app and sending more snaps can increase your snap score rapidly.
There is a whole lot to understand regarding the Snapchat algorithm that will guide you in making actions that will earn you more points on Snapchat.
In this article, I will discuss everything you need to know about a snap score and give simple tips to take your snap score to the next level.
- How Does the Snapchat Score Work?
- How To Increase Your Snapchat Score Organically
- In Conclusion
Your Snapchat score is a calculated number that gives you a numerical rating based on your Snapchat usage. If you have always wondered how your snap score is calculated, this remains a puzzle.
There is no exact answer to how your Snapchat score is calculated.
Although many sources online give hacks to a high snap score, the only legit and safe way of building your snap score is through the Snapchat app itself. It’s free.
You can find your Snapchat score easily with these simple steps:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile phone.
- Tap on your bitmoji in the top left corner of your screen.
- On a new screen, beneath your Bitmoji and your snap code, you will find your snap score. The code is the number of points you’ve made over a certain amount of time.
- If you tap on your snap score, you can view your sent and received scores individually. Your sent score is at the top, while your received score is at the bottom.
To view the snap score of your friends, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your bitmoji in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on “My Friends.”
- Find a friend whose snap score you would like to know.
- Tap on their bitmoji.
- Beneath their username, you can find their respective snap score.
Unfortunately, you can’t hide or disable your snap score, which means everybody gets to see your score.
This can be quite embarrassing if you are new to using the app or have that one competitive friend and your number seems low.
Thankfully, with this simple guide, we can provide you with useful information that can help you increase your snap score in no time.
As I mentioned earlier, there is no specific formula for calculating a snap score.
So you might be engaging in some actions that increase your snap score while others don’t.
Snapchat has some general rules worth paying attention to as they can help improve your Snap score:
- You earn a point anytime you send or receive a snap. Don’t get this confused with a standard message (blue feature). You will receive nothing. But for the snaps (red feature) you send and receive, you get one point per snap.
- You receive points per video, depending on how many seconds it lasts. If you send or receive a 10-second video, you get 1 point; for a 60-second video, you get 6 points. This works both ways, whether you are a sender or receiver.
- Reactions to your story earn you one point.
Common Snapchat actions that don’t increase your score:
- Sending snaps to multiple people at once doesn’t award you any additional points. So, avoid spamming your friends.
- Posting stories with multiple videos over the 10-second mark doesn’t give you additional points.
- Viewing your friend’s stories doesn’t gain you any points.
How To Increase Your Snapchat Score Organically
Here’s how to increase your Snapchat score organically.
Use the Camera More Often Than the Chat Feature
Most of the time, we use the chat feature to get conversations going, but this does not affect your snap score.
Sending snaps more regularly is the best way to increase your snap score organically.
You will gain points daily if you send pictures and videos to your friends regularly.
Add New Friends
Making new friends on Snapchat can help you increase your Snap score.
This is an excellent way of making new connections.
I mean, it’s a social media platform, after all.
You can follow this simple guide if you are new to Snapchat and don’t know how to add new friends.
Use Snapchat as a Vlogging Platform
This is a fun and creative way of increasing your snap score.
You can find one or two friends who share your ambition and begin vlogging for each other.
This will send a range of 10-60 second videos to each other, scoring you between 1 and 6 points.
Open Received Snaps More Often
Check your received snaps more frequently and respond to them.
Whether you choose to send or receive snaps, you earn points both ways.
So you should respond to your snaps more often and earn points as you do so.
Engage More With Snapchat Games
Snapchat games, officially called “snap ah balls,” are another effective way of increasing your snap score.
These are selfie games you play with your friends, and you can earn as many as 12 points if you complete a game.
They can be found to the left of the filter tray when selecting your face filters.
Take Part in Snapchat Streaks
If you participate in streaks with a friend, you earn up to 2 points daily.
The good part is that you are not limited to one friend; you can have your whole friend list.
Snap streaks require only two people to participate.
However, if you send a snap to somebody and they return one, you earn 2 points and an extra streak.
The Snapchat score is a great way to keep you engaged and make the whole app fun.
Yes, some sites and bots can increase your score by spamming.
Gaining an organic snap score is a fun way of tracking your progress with the app.
Here are simple tips on increasing your snap score daily by up to a million.
But I suggest you have fun with Snapchat without obsessing over your score.
Your Snapchat score refreshes every time you send or receive a snap. If you are monitoring your score, it updates immediately. If you are scanning your friend’s snap score, it might take hours or even days to update.
Unfortunately, you can’t disable your Snapchat score. To prevent your friend(s) from seeing your snap score, click “Remove a Friend.”
No, it doesn’t. You won’t lose any snap score for being inactive on the app. On the contrary, you will earn points for being active after being inactive for a while.