Snapchat usually puts a little birthday cake emoji next to the person’s username when it’s their birthday. This can be useful to remember and send birthday wishes amidst our busy schedules. And it especially helps if you are keeping streaks! But how do you see upcoming birthdays on Snapchat?
To see upcoming birthdays on Snapchat, open the app, go to the chats tab, and open any chat. After that, click on the little rocket icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Choose ‘Minis,’ and then “Birthdays,” and Snapchat will open all your friends’ upcoming birthdays.
There’s a slight variation in the methods to retrieve upcoming birthdays in Android versus an IOS device, but the results are the same!
Let’s see how Snapchat helps us plan a little ahead regarding birthdays.
How To See an Upcoming Birthday on an iOS Device?
Snapchat offers a wide range of app features that extend beyond interactive gimmicks. Checking upcoming birthdays can be very useful.
Let’s see how to navigate that on an iOS device:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the ‘chat‘ icon at the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap on any chat to open it. Do not tap on the friend’s Bitmoji, as it will open the profile.
- Tap on the rocket-shaped icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Minis‘ and
- Press on ‘Open‘ next to ‘Birthdays.’
- Now you can see all upcoming birthdays, starting with the closest one.
This can be a helpful reminder as Snapchat usually informs you of someone’s birthday on the actual date. Snapchat puts a cake emoji next to the birthday person!
How To See an Upcoming Birthday on an Android Device?
Using Snapchat is quite similar on Android and iOS devices. However, the interface is slightly different, so that the steps can vary slightly. It would be best to make sure you have the most recent version of Snapchat and that your device is updated.
Let’s have a look at the steps required to see the upcoming birthdays of your friends on Snapchat:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your android device.
- Click on the ‘chat‘ icon at the bottom navigation bar.
- Click on any chat to open it.
- Once the chat has opened, tap on the rocket-shaped icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Minis.’
- Tap ‘Open‘ next to ‘Birthdays.’
- Now you can see all of your friends’ upcoming birthdays in chronological order.
How To Set Up Your Own Birthday?
We assume you want your own birthday to be remembered as well! For your friends to know your birthday in advance, you need to set up your birthday via your profile too.
Here are the steps required to set your birthday:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your Bitmoji in the top left corner.
- Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Birthday‘ under “My Account.”
- Set up your birthday or change the date if it’s wrong.
- Select ‘Continue‘ and tap on “OK” to confirm the changes.
Now your friends will also be able to spot your birthday in their ‘upcoming birthdays’ and get a notification on your birthday!
Every time it is someone’s birthday, you will be able to send them a ‘birthday streak.’ This is just a regular’ snap,’ but you will get optimized filters suitable for birthday wishes.
Apart from that, you will also get custom stickers of you and your friend’s bitmojis conjoined to make witty jokes and gifs. You can layer those stickers with birthday filters to send a wholesome, birthday-special streak to make your friend’s day!
We are living in a highly digitized world. And the irony of it is that we forget birthdays even with phones in our hands, almost always!
Apps like Snapchat give friendly reminders to save us embarrassment. However, what Snapchat does differently is that it provides a list of future birthdays, which comes in very handy as the nature of the app is of everyday use.
This mostly happens if the specific Snapchat user has not given permission to reveal personal information. Or perhaps they have limited the audience for private information visibility.
You can follow the same steps as you do for any iOS device. Just launch the Snapchat app, go to your chats, click on a friend’s chat, and select the rocket emoji. Click on ‘Minis‘ and then ‘Birthdays,’ and you will be able to view all upcoming birthdays.
No, Snapchat does not send notifications for your friend’s birthdays, but you would be able to tell if there is a cake emoji next to their username!