Social media lingo is only getting more confusing as time goes on. Just when you thought you had all the abbreviations and jargon figured out, a new one pops up. This can be especially true on Facebook, which sometimes seems to have its own language. So what does “FSE” mean on Facebook?
FSE stands for “Funniest sh*t ever” it’s yet another way to express how funny something is. If you see someone use “FSE” on their Facebook post or comments, chances are they found something hilarious.
Gen Z and millennials have been known to use a lot of slang and abbreviations on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Their vocabulary is only getting more confusing as time goes on, “FSE” is just one more example of this.
So, we’ll help you decode every use of “FSE” on the internet, whether you see it on Facebook, in a text, or even hear someone say it out loud.
When you see “FSE” on Facebook, know that the person finding the content funny has given it the stamp of approval by calling it the “funniest sh*t ever.” It’s like saying “LOL” but with more enthusiasm.
- FSE in Fb comments – You might see “FSE” in the comment section of a funny video or meme posted on Facebook.
- FSE in Fb captions – People post funny videos all the time on Facebook, and some will use “FSE” in the caption to show just how funny they think it is.
- #FSE – You might see this hashtag on a post or in the comments of a Facebook post that’s particularly funny. This is a great hashtag to follow if you’re searching for some good laughs.
How to Use “FSE” on Facebook
“FSE” is a pretty straightforward abbreviation; there’s not much to it. If you think something is funny, feel free to use “FSE” in your post or comment. But we’d recommend not using it too often; if everything is the funniest sh*t ever, then nothing is. So save it for those times when you really want to emphasize how funny something is.
Just remember that not everyone will know what “fse” means, so it’s always a good idea to explain it if you’re using it in front of an audience that may not be as familiar with internet slang.
Though the internet slang “Funniest sh*t ever” is the most popular meaning of “FSE,” there are a few other meanings of the acronym.
FSE could also stand for:
- Faculty of Science and Engineering (various universities)
- Financial Services Exchange
- Facebook Security Engineer
- Full-Service Event (marketing)
- Forum for Sustainable Energy
Here are some similar acronyms and their meaning that you might encounter on the internet:
- FS – For Sure
- FE – For Example
- FOMO – Fear Of Missing Out
- IDK – I Don’t Know
- POV – Point Of View
- YOLO – You Only Live Once
- ROFL – Rolling On the Floor Laughing
- LMAO – Laughing My Ass Off
- LMFAO -Laughing My F*cking Ass Off
- PMSL – Pissing Myself Laughing
- TTYL – Talk To You Later
So there you have everything you need to know about the internet slang “FSE.” It’s a way to show how funny you think something is, whether it’s a video, meme, or even just a caption. You’ll know exactly what it means next time you see it on Facebook or elsewhere online. And who knows, maybe you’ll even start using it yourself!
Both are correct, though “FSE” is more commonly seen.
Yes! You can use it anywhere, whether on Facebook, Twitter, or even in real life.
No, anyone can use it! But it is more commonly seen among those groups.
If you want to stay up-to-date on internet slang, we recommend checking out our articles on “FB,” “OML,” and “NFS.”
That’s up to you! If you think something is funny and want to emphasize it, feel free to use “FSE” in your post or comment.