TikTok took over the world by storm when people first learned about the idea of short dubbed videos. First named Musical.ly, TikTok now has more than 1 billion active monthly users surpassing Google and Facebook. As more and more people join TikTok, it’s not easy to find everyone by searching their usernames. Sometimes, we don’t even know what their TikTok usernames are.
Fortunately, you can find someone on TikTok without entering their username, as the app has many other features. The features are:
1. Facebook Friends
2. TikTok QR Code
3. Contact List
There’s also a 4th way of finding someone on TikTok, and this is by searching their username. Although this is an easy and one of the most convenient ways, we won’t be covering that because you’re here for other solutions.
In this article, we’ll solve your problem of finding someone on TikTok without knowing their username so that you can finally connect with them on this platform as well.
Method #1: Facebook Friends
Before TikTok, our minds were filled with Facebook. Almost all of our friends and family members are connected via Facebook. If you want to communicate with your friends on TikTok but don’t know their username, use this method to connect with them.
Follow this complete set of instructions and connect with your friends on TikTok via Facebook.
- Open the TikTok application on your phone and log in if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the Profile tab located at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the Plus icon located at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Now, look for an option Facebook friends, and click on it.
- You will see all of your Facebook friends on the screen. Scroll down, find your friends and Click the Follow button next to their profile.
You can connect with your friends on TikTok without entering or knowing their TikTok usernames.
Do keep in mind that their TikTok account needs to be connected with Facebook for this method to work.
Method #2: TikTok QR Code
A QR (Quick Response) Code is one of the easiest ways to connect with someone on TikTok without having to enter their username. You can simply scan their unique QR Code, and you’ll connect with them in the blink of an eye.
To connect with someone on TikTok via QR Code, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app, and log in if you haven’t already.
- At the bottom, you should see a Discover button right next to Home. Click on it.
- You should see a scan-icon button at the top-right corner on the next screen. Tap it.
- Your camera will open (if it asks for permission to use the camera, grant it).
- Ask your friend to do the same, but click the Your QR Code button on their phone.
- Scan their QR Code with your app, and their profile will pop up on your screen.
- Follow your friend to connect.
As you see their profile on your screen, you will be able to see their TikTok username as well. Using this quick and easy method, you can finally find them on TikTok without having to enter their username.
Method #3: Contact List
Other than Facebook friends and QR Codes, there is another convenient way to find someone on TikTok without their username. This method is called Contact List. If you don’t know your friend’s TikTok username, but they are on your phone contact list, you can find them on TikTok and connect with them.
Note: This method only works when logged into TikTok using their number saved in your contact list.
- Open TikTok and log in if you haven’t already.
- Click on Profile (bottom-right corner), right next to Inbox.
- Click on the Plus sign (top-left corner).
- Right below Invite Friends, you’ll see Contacts. Click on Find right next to Contacts.
- On your screen, you’ll be asked to Sync your contacts on TikTok so that your contacts can be found on TikTok. Click OK to continue.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to grant permission to Allow Ticktok to access contacts. Click Allow to continue.
- After all of this is done, TikTok will show all your contacts in TikTok. Find your friend, and Click Follow next to their profile to connect with them.
You can add your friends on TikTok by syncing your contacts list within the app. Suppose you’re not able to find your friend in the TikTok contacts list. In that case, it may be because they’ve logged in to the application using another phone number – a phone number they haven’t shared with you.
If that’s the case, use the previous two methods to serve you just fine.
This method only works when they have logged into TikTok using their number, which is also saved in your contact list.
Finding someone on TikTok isn’t easy when you don’t know their TikTok username. Fortunately, we have alternatives to work around that problem. This article shows you how to connect with your friends on TikTok without knowing or entering their TikTok username. The methods we’ve used are Contact List, Facebook Friends, and last but not least, TikTok QR Code.
Using the methods mentioned above, you can easily find someone on TikTok without a username. If one of these methods doesn’t work, try the other one.
To find someone on TikTok with their number, Sync your contacts list on TikTok.
1. Click on Profile.
2. Click the Plus sign (top-left corner).
3. Click on Find, next to Contacts.
4. Click Ok to Sync.
5. Grant Access to Contacts (if asked).
6. Find your TikTok friends and Follow them to connect.
There are plenty of ways to find someone on TikTok. You can find your friends by phone number, Facebook friends, and searching their usernames. You can also connect to them in TikTok via QR Code. Each method is explained in this article.