Snapchat is the favorite social platform for many, with its peculiar feature that lets you instantly capture moments once you launch the app.
As such, the app requires permission to use your camera for various features, including filters, effects, sending snaps, and recording stories.
Whether you are using an Android or iOS device, you can enable your camera from the app or your phone settings.
If you’re using an iOS device, launch your settings app and scroll to Snapchat. Tap the Snapchat icon and toggle on the camera icon.
If it’s an Android, navigate to your settings and tap on apps. Scroll to Snapchat and tap on it. Click “Permissions” and toggle on that of the camera.
This article will detail how you can give permission to Snapchat to access your camera.
Snapchat and Its Instant Camera Feature
Snapchat is famous for its instant camera feature with thousands of filters to explore and send to your friends. When you launch the app, it instantly opens to a camera, giving you access to capture moments as they come.
However, Snapchat does not have an external camera of its own; hence you’re required to grant permission for it to use your phone’s camera.
If you’ve observed from using other social platforms that use media, they always ask at the beginning of your registration for access to your files, microphone, and camera.
Snapchat also does the same thing, so you can easily access your saved media to post, record videos with sound, and of course, take photos.
However, if you’ve mistakenly skipped the process during registration or you think the access has been revoked, you can always grant the permission again.
The following headings show how you can enable your camera on Snapchat through the app, your iPhone settings, and Android settings.
How To Enable Camera Access Within Snapchat
This is the fastest way to enable Snapchat to access your phone’s camera. However, when you launch the app, you’ll typically see an error message about Snapchat’s camera. Simply tap “cancel” and follow these listed steps:
- Tap on the Bitmoji at the top left corner of the screen.
- This opens your profile page, where you’ll see the settings icon at the top right of your page.
- Tap the icon and scroll down to “Additional services”.
- Select “Permissions”.
- You’ll see a list of functions Snapchat has access to, and you can tap on the camera tab to enable access to it.
How To Enable Camera on Snapchat via iPhone Settings
If you use an iPhone, you can easily grant access to Snapchat in a few simple steps:
- Launch your iPhone settings app.
- In the menu that appears, scroll down to Snapchat and tap on it.
- You’ll see a list of functions the app has access to; toggle on the camera option.
- Launch your Snapchat app, and the camera should work.
How To Enable Camera on Snapchat via Your Android Settings
If you’re using an Android device, you can also grant access to Snapchat to use your phone’s camera.
The steps involved are simple and are listed below:
- Launch your settings app.
- Scroll to “Apps” and tap on it.
- Scroll down to Snapchat.
- Select “Permissions”.
- Click on “camera” to grant it permission.
You can also be specific with its permission in the sense that you can ask Snapchat to ask for permission every time it wants to use it.
What To Do if Your Camera Still Doesn’t Work?
If your Snapchat still does not work after granting it permission via any of the above-listed methods, it could be because of a glitch in the app.
To solve this problem, there are solutions you can apply, including clearing the cache, updating the app, and restarting your phone.
You can clear Snapchat’s cache directly in the app in the following steps:
- Launch your Snapchat application.
- Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner to go to your profile page.
- Click on the settings icon at the top right of the page.
- Scroll down to “Account actions”.
- Tap on “Clear cache” and confirm the action by tapping “Continue/Clear”.
You can easily update your Snapchat by going to your Play Store or App Store, searching for the app, and clicking “Update”.
With this, you can easily grant permission to your Snapchat and apply quick fixes when it still doesn’t work.
So, launch Snapchat and capture the beautiful moments before they slip from your grasp!