You’ll find so much slang and abbreviations on Snapchat and several other social networks. Some are unique to a platform than others, and we have a typical example on our hands in this article. You may have seen another Snapchatter text you “SSB” and are wondering what it means; no need to worry further as this article has you covered.
SSB is peculiar only to Snapchat, meaning “Send Snap Back.” You’d encounter this, especially if you keep streaks with someone else on the app. “SSB” is a reminder to help you keep up your streaks. This “SSB” is among the many other abbreviations you might encounter on Snapchat and are only peculiar to the app.
This article details the meaning of SSB, the context it applies, and the other abbreviations you can encounter on Snapchat.
Snapchat is a fun social platform with various features to explore. Aside from the privacy and security that the platform gives its users, they play mini-games, play with filters & effects, and keep Snapstreaks with other users. These Snapstreaks are the primary reasons users frequent the app because it helps you keep up to date with your friends and keep a fantastic record with them.
However, no matter how long you have the streaks running, it may cancel if you don’t send a snap within 24 hours. For this reason, users try to remind each other to keep the snaps coming, hence the birth of the abbreviation SSB. For instance, if you send a snap to someone and they’re not responding, a simple SSB text will suffice in reminding them to keep up with the streaks.
How To Reply To An “SSB” Text
When you get an SSB text, the typical response would be to send a snap. You can send a photo or video snap in the steps listed below.
- Launch your Snapchat application to open the app’s camera.
- Scroll through the filters if you wish to apply an effect to the image or video you want to take.
- Tap the big circle to take a photo or hold the circle for a video.
- Add a caption if you want.
- Send the snap to the person that texted you “SSB.”
Once done, you should see the hourglass symbol in front of the name disappear, and your Snapsktreak number should increase by one.
What Other Meanings of “SSB” Can You Have on Snapchat?
If you’ve watched the popular TV show Sex and the City, you might be familiar with SSB as “secret single behavior.” In context, SSB means the weird habits we indulge in when no one else is watching. The abbreviations could also mean “sucks so bad” to express disappointment at a situation. Lastly, SSB could be an abbreviation for “Super Smash Bros.”
Other Snapchat Abbreviations You Should Know
If you’re on Snapchat a lot, other abbreviations might pop up in your conversations and stories. They’re listed below with their meanings.
- SFS: On Snapchat, this means shoutout for shoutout. It applies to people asking you to mention their handles in a story in return for you doing the same. This is usually used to help build accounts.
- ATM: This means “at the moment.” You use it in a sentence like; I’m busy atm!
- SB: This one is similar to SSB, meaning “Snapback.” It’s the same thing as telling you to send a snap so you can keep up your streaks with the person.
- SMH: This one is quite popular and stands for “shake my head.” It’s typically used to show disapproval or disappointment at something.
- HMU: This is an abbreviation for “hit me up.” You’re telling a person to text or contact you for a particular reason.
- SU: This stands for “Swipe Up.”
- FT: This means facetime, which refers to Snapchat’s video chat feature.
- SS: This is popular with Snapchatters and stands for the screenshot.
- Stg: This is an abbreviation for “Swear to God.” This one can mean a lot of things depending on the context.
- Wym: This is an abbreviation for “what you mean?”
- FF: An abbreviation for follow.
- FFF: An abbreviation for “follow for a follow.”
- SNR: This is an abbreviation for “sneaks and recents.”
- FW: This stands for “f**k with.” This generally means you agree with someone or approve of an action.
- Ik: An abbreviation for “I know.”
- Irl: This is an abbreviation for “in real life.”
- Ifk: This stands for “I f**king know.”
- Jw: Just wondering.
- Hru: Not so popular, but it means “how are you?”
With this, you know what SSB means and how to use it. You also have a grasp of the top abbreviations of Snapchat and their meanings.