Have you seen the silhouette challenge on Snapchat and wondered how people are doing it? It is one of the most popular challenges and trends, not only on Snapchat but also on Instagram and TikTok.
Many social media enthusiasts are jumping on the challenge, including celebrities like Chloe Bailey and Tiffany Haddish.
So how do you do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat?
To do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat, open Snapchat, tap the smiley face icon to the right of the record button and select “Explore” at the bottom right corner. Next, type “Vin Rogue” on the search bar, tap Enter and select the Vin Rogue filter to apply it to your snaps and videos.
You’ll need to take the pictures or videos in a hallway or doorway to play around with the lighting for a perfect silhouette.
We prepared this article to show you how to do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat.
If you have been keen on the trending challenges on Snapchat, you have probably seen users recording videos with a standard background on a doorway. Suddenly, the video transitions into a red-light background scene, with the body forming a black silhouette.
When the video starts, the user is wearing everyday clothing such as pajamas, a robe, or workout attire. As the video transitions from the standard lighting and background to the scene with a red light background, the user is seen wearing a revealing or body-hugging attire, with some users going nude for this part.
Many people came to know about the challenge via TikTok and Instagram, but its origin is on Snapchat. You first record the video on Snapchat, apply the Vin Rouge filter and save the video to your camera roll. From there, you can edit the video, add the sound, and upload it to other social media platforms.
Most people used this challenge to show body positivity and reveal their sultry sides, as the silhouette showed the person’s frame and body curves. Moreover, many celebrities participated in the silhouette challenge, influencing more social media users to jump into it. Some of the most famous celebrity silhouette challenges include those of Doja Cat, Cardi B, Lala Anthony, and Tiffany Hadish.
Unfortunately, the challenge slowed down when cyberbullies started to manipulate the videos trying to expose the unfiltered versions of women who did the silhouette challenge with no clothes. However, the challenge is still on, and users have learned ways to participate in the challenge without necessarily doing the sensual poses.
How To Do the Silhouette Challenge on Snapchat?
Follow these steps to do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the smiley face icon to the right of the camera button.
- Tap “Explore” on the bottom right corner.
- Type “Vin Rogue” on the search bar and press Enter.
- Select the red Vin Rogue filter to apply it to your photo or video. You can also tap the heart icon below the filter to add it to your favorites.
- Tap the record button to create your snaps and join the silhouette challenge.
The complete silhouette challenge consists of a scene with normal lighting and background, a silhouette part with red-light background, and an accompanying mashup of Paul Anka’s Put Your Head on My Shoulder and Doja Cat’s Streets audio.
Follow these steps to achieve the complete silhouette challenge video on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the smiley face icon to reveal various filters.
- Select your preferred filter.
- Press and hold the record button to create a video with a normal background and lighting.
- Save the video to your camera roll.
- Go back to Snapchat’s recording screen.
- Tap the smiley face icon.
- Select “Explore.”
- Type “Vin Rogue” on the search bar and hit Enter.
- Select the red Vin Rogue filter.
- Press and hold the record button to apply the filter and record your silhouette video.
- Save the second video to your camera roll.
- Merge the two clips.
- Edit the video and add the audio mashup.
After editing the video, post it on your preferred social media platforms and join the silhouette challenge.
The silhouette challenge on Snapchat is one of the most popular social media trends. You record a video in a doorway or hallway using a filter that makes your image in a video look like a black silhouette.
This filter is known as Vin Rogue and makes it appear as if you’ve recorded your video under red lights.
The Vin Rogue filter on Snapchat makes your videos look like you are recording them in red studio lights. The same filter enables you to create black silhouettes while recording the video in a doorway or hallway.
You need to use the Vin Rogue filter to do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat. Here’s how to do the silhouette challenge on Snapchat:
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Tap the smiley face icon.
3. Select “Explore.”
4. Type “Vin Rogue” on the search bar and press Enter.
5. Select the red Vin Rogue filter from the results.
6. Apply the filter and start recording your silhouette snaps.