We are mostly used to seeing polls on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Polls are a great way to cover fun topics, get people’s views on different topics, and interact with your fans.
If you run a business, polls act as a market strategy to gather people’s ideas from surveys and use the information to create strategies.
Earlier this year, Snapchat released an update allowing users to create Snapchat polls. You can now make and run Snapchat polls and share the poll as a Snapchat story, including the results, all from your Snapchat account. The Snapchat poll sticker is easy to use, and we will cover how to use it to create Snapchat polls.
This guide will also cover other alternatives to creating Snapchat polls, such as creating anonymous polls. Moreover, we will answer the frequently asked questions about Snapchat polls.
Why Create Snapchat Polls?
Polls are a great way of gathering opinions. Mostly, people create polls on fun topics such as rating the best music artists or products.
For instance, you can create a poll to compare two products and, using the results, make a business decision. Besides, if you want to interact with your audience, such as to get their opinions on your hairstyle, Snapchat polls will do the job.
How To Create Snapchat Polls
If you have the updated Snapchat, you can make polls using the steps below.
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Navigate to your camera interface and select a picture from your camera roll.
- On the next screen, on the right-side pane under the different options, click the “Stickers” icon.
- The stickers panel will load up. Click the “Poll” option at the top. Edit the “Ask a question” and add your poll question.
Note that unlike other social apps like Instagram, Snapchat uses emojis for the poll responses, and the default emojis are thumbs up and thumbs down.
- Depending on your poll, you can stick with the default emojis. Alternatively, click the emoji if you want to change it, and from the emoji panel, select an emoji to use for the responses, such as graphs or charts.
- Once satisfied with your emoji, click the “Story” button at the bottom left corner, adding the poll created to your Snapchat story.
Bingo! You’ve successfully created a Snapchat poll with the simple steps above.
Tracking Snapchat Poll Results
The main aim of polls is to get people’s opinions, and Snapchat allows checking and sharing the Snapchat poll results from your profile page. Follow the steps below.
- Open your Snapchat app, and at the top-left corner, click the profile/Bitmoji icon.
- Click the story preview under the “My Stories” section.
- Click the three dots on the right under the preview section.
- A Poll section will appear at the bottom. Click your poll question.
- The poll results will appear, showing the total responses.
- Under the results, you will see a “Send Results” button. Click on it to share the results of your Snapchat story, then click the “Send “button. The poll results will now be visible to your audience.
Other Snapchat Poll Alternatives
The default Snapchat poll feature is suitable for small polls. However, the feature has limitations, including not allowing anonymous polls and restricting the response types. That said, there are different alternatives that you can use to create Snapchat polls, and common options include:
The above examples are websites or apps that allow creating polls and linking them with Snapchat. The alternative offers a guide on how to use them on their website. You can try them out.
Snapchat polls are one way of interacting with your Snapchat audience. You can quickly gather people’s opinions through the polls.
This article covered how to utilize the new Snapchat update to create Snapchat polls in a few easy steps. Moreover, we’ve listed some of the common alternative apps and websites that make polls that can be shared on Snapchat. The varieties are plenty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it does. The January Snapchat update introduced new features that allow creating polls on Snapchat.
Yes, you can. Under the Poll section, the total votes for each response are available, and you can also share the results with your audience.
No, the polls created on Snapchat are not anonymous. If you want to make anonymous polls, you need to use other websites like Opinion and share the polls on Snapchat.
Snapchat only offers emoji responses. You can’t use text responses.