Snapchat is an excellent platform for sharing pictures and videos. Having many followers is beneficial, especially if you are a celebrity or an aspiring celebrity, as it can bring you good deals from brands. That said, how about increasing the number of Snapchat followers by adding new random people? Yes, that’s possible with a few tricks, and soon you can amass a large following using the tips presented in this guide.
To add random people to Snapchat, you can use various techniques. The common ones are searching for random names, adding people on the Quick Add, and using Google, other social media platforms, and third-party websites. However, all these methods require caution to avoid landing on the wrong caliber of people.
Today’s guide presents, in detail, various methods of adding random people to Snapchat. We’ll cover each method using steps and offer key tips for each. Moreover, we will conclude by addressing frequently asked questions about adding random people as friends on Snapchat. Let’s get into it!
Various Methods of Adding Random People on Snapchat
Having a pool of friends on Snapchat is a great way to network with strangers and stand out for us who love and boast many followers. So, are you looking to increase your Snapchat followers? Yes? Then try the methods below.
Method #1: Use Quick Add
Snapchat offers the Quick Add feature that allows users to find new friends. Using this feature, you can add some random people as your friends. To do so, use the steps below.
- Open the Snapchat app and log into your account.
- Locate the “+ Person” icon and navigate the “Add Friends” section.
- You can note the “Quick Add” section below the “Added Me”. There should be a list of random usernames and an “Add” button on their right. Scroll through each random person clicking the “Add” button to add them as your Snapchat friends.
- Click the “More” button to view more random people you can add.
The best part with this method is that you can get the mutual friends you share with your friends, and they are the best option to start adding as your new random friends. You may also note some friends are under the label “From the Snap Map” or “From your Contacts.”
Method #2: Search Names on the Quick Add Menu
Method 1 above lists various names of people that you can click the “Add” button next to them to add as your Snapchat friends. It’s not every time that these results may appeal to you. The other option is to search random names instead and add people based on the query results.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the “Quick Add” menu as we did in method 1.
- Next, under the “Add Friends” page, type random names in the search box to start the search. The trick here is to search for a specific name with various combinations. There are different ways to get creative with the search, and you will get multiple random friends.
- Once queried, click the “Add” button next to a specific person to add them as your friend on Snapchat.
Note that for this method to be effective, you should have your visibility enabled in the Quick Add to make your profile visible to others and theirs visible to you.
Method #3: Google Search
Snapchat has the Snapcode feature that lets users create Snapcode through which other people can scan their codes and add them as friends. To use this method, follow the steps below.
- Open Google.
- Search for Snapchat Snapcode.
- Select the option for images.
- Next, open your Snapchat app on your phone and scan any of the Snapcode to add the user.
With this method, you will probably add influencers ranked by Google for their popularity. Feel free to scan any Snapcode that entices you. Who knows who you might end up adding as your friend on Snapchat?
Method #4: Search for Friends on Social Media Platforms
People have a habit of including their Snapcode on their other social platforms to increase their following. You can utilize this to bag more random friends.
- Open your social media platform.
- On the search bar, type something like “#snapcode.”
- If lucky, you should get results of different Snapcode that you can scan using your Snapchat account to add the owners as friends on Snapchat.
Using this method, you can also post your Snapcode, and when someone comes across it, they can scan it and add you as their friend.
Method #5: Share a Story on Snap Map and Add Your Snap Code
A Snap Map allows sharing a story, and people around you can view the shared story. The trick here is to share a story and include your Snapcode for the people nearby to scan and add you as their friend. Follow the steps below.
- Open your Snapchat app and log in.
- Create a new story on the Camera page.
- Click on the “Sticker” icon to open the stickers page.
- Once the page opens, add your Snapcode by clicking on your Profile Snap Code.
- Once added, click the “Send To” at the bottom right.
- On the next screen, click the Snap Map, and when in a new place or ready, click the right arrow at the bottom to share your story.
The people around you can view your story and add you by scanning your Snapcode.
Getting more random friends on Snapchat is amazing. It gives you room to meet new people and create new bonds while increasing your followers. This guide covered five methods to add random friends on Snapchat easily. Try them out!
Frequently Asked Questions
Open the Quick Add and click the “Add” button next to the name you wish to add as your friend.