Have you made an inappropriate comment and want to know how to delete it?
Facebook allows users to edit or delete their comments.
However, you can’t delete someone’s comment unless they have posted it in a group or page you run.
Deleting your comments will completely remove them from a post.
So, how to delete your comment on Facebook?
To delete your comment, start by accessing your Facebook account. Next, locate the comment that you want to delete. You could have commented on something on your timeline or your post. Once you find the comment, click the three dots on its right. A menu will open with various options. Click the delete button and confirm the action.
We will cover the steps for deleting or editing your comments on Facebook using Android, iPhone, or computer. Also, we will discuss whether it’s possible to delete someone’s comment on a post and conclude with frequently asked questions regarding deleting comments on Facebook.
Reasons for Wanting To Delete a Facebook Comment
Below are the possible reasons you may decide to delete your comments on Facebook.
- Your comment received negative responses, and you don’t want to keep getting trolled about it.
- You face legal consequences if you don’t delete the comment.
- People misunderstood your comment.
- You no longer want to associate with a given post.
- You commented by mistake.
- Someone is hurt by your comment and asked you to remove it.
How To Delete Your Comments on Facebook
You may decide to delete your comments on Facebook for many reasons. Whatever your reason is, deleting Facebook comments is straightforward.
Using a PC
Follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook account on a browser.
- Locate the post containing the comment.
- Click on the comments section and find your comment.
- Move the cursor to your comment and tap on the ellipsis (three dots) next to your comment.
- Click the “Delete“ option and confirm the action by clicking the “Delete” button again.
The above steps completely delete the comment you made on a given post. If you have second thoughts, how about editing the comment instead?
To edit your comment, use the steps below:
- Locate the comment and tap on the ellipsis next to it.
- Click on the “Edit” option instead of “Delete.”
- Edit the comment, and press Enter once you are okay with it.
That way, you’ve edited your Facebook comment instead of deleting it.
Here, the choice depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to correct something in the comment, editing it is better than deleting it.
Using a Mobile Device
You can delete or edit your comment using your iPhone or Android.
The steps below will guide you, starting with how to edit and then delete the comment:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Locate the post with the comment you want to delete.
- Once you find your comment, tap and hold on to it.
- Select the “Edit“ option.
- Make the changes and tap the “Update” button.
Your comment is now successfully updated. If you want to delete your comment, use the steps below instead of editing it:
- Tap and hold your comment.
- Select the “Delete” option.
- Tap the “Delete“ button.
Your comment on the Facebook post is now deleted.
Can I Delete Someone’s Comment?
It depends on where they commented. Here’s the thing, if someone commented on another post belonging to someone else, you have no control over that.
There is no way of deleting someone’s comments they made to another person’s post or in a group in which you are a member.
However, if someone responds to your post or comments on something on a Facebook group or page, you are an admin; you can delete their comment.
In such a case, click on the three dots next to their comment and tap the “Delete” option.
We’ve seen what it takes to delete comments on Facebook and offered the steps for deleting your comments on Facebook.
Thanks to this post, you now have the steps for deleting your comments on Facebook.
Yes, it’s possible. However, you can only delete someone’s comments they made to your post or to a Facebook group where you are the admin. If their comment is in someone’s post, you can’t delete it.
Open your Facebook account and locate where you commented. Once you find it, tap the ellipsis button next to the comment. On the pop-up menu, tap the delete button and confirm the action.