A Telegram account connects you with people globally. People who have your number can find you on Telegram. When creating an anonymous Telegram account, you can use a virtual number that doesn’t link to you.
You could want to fake your identity and trick people into believing you are from a given area. Or, it could be you want to have an alternative Telegram account.
Find a virtual number provider online or download their application to create a virtual number. Create your account and purchase a virtual number for your preferred location. Once you get the virtual number, open your Telegram application and use the virtual phone number to register for an account. Once Telegram sends the verification code, enter it on the Telegram sign-up page to authenticate the action.
This post covers everything about using Telegram virtual numbers. We will define virtual numbers and the steps to create your virtual number for Telegram.
What Is a Telegram Virtual Number?
You can add a virtual number instead when you don’t want to associate your actual number with your Telegram account. The virtual number doesn’t use a SIM Card. However, it can receive SMS and calls, depending on the provider. With the virtual number, you can purchase it from a provider and use it to register for Telegram.
Once you do, the verification code will be sent to the number, and when you enter the code, your Telegram account will be linked to the virtual number you’ve used. Telegram only requires your number for verification. Hence, verifying your Telegram using the virtual number allows you to continue using your account normally.
Virtual numbers come at a price, and you select the country code for the virtual number you want to use. Once you purchase the virtual number and access the dashboard of the virtual number provider, you can access any shared SMS to the virtual number.
How To Create a Virtual Number for Telegram
Using a virtual number is a good way of remaining secure when using Telegram. The only task is to find a reliable virtual number provider online.
Once you find the virtual number provider, sign up and generate the virtual number you wish to use. After paying for the virtual number, you can now use the virtual number on Telegram. You can use it to replace your existing number on Telegram or get another account.
Create a New Telegram Account Using a Virtual Number
Follow the steps below to use the virtual number to create a new Telegram account.
- Open Telegram on your mobile.
- Tap the menu icon (three-line icon) and then the down arrow next to your name and phone number.
- Select the option for “Add Account.”
- Select the country and add the virtual number, and ensure the code for the virtual number matches the country you select.
- Tap the arrow button and proceed with the process.
- Enter the verification code sent to the virtual number to authenticate the action.
You now have your Telegram account associated with the virtual number.
Replace Your Existing Telegram Number Using a Virtual Number
Follow the steps below to use the virtual number to replace your existing Telegram number.
Using Android Phone
- Open your Telegram application.
- Tap the menu icon at the top.
- Select “Settings“ from the listed options.
- Tap on your “Phone number.”
- Next, tap the “Change Number“ button and select “Change“ on the prompt.
- Enter the virtual number and tap the checkmark at the top to save the changes.
- Open the virtual number application dashboard or platform and find the verification code sent to it via SMS.
- Enter this code on the Telegram window on your phone.
You now have a virtual number as your Telegram number.
- Open your Telegram application on your iOS.
- Tap the “Settings“ button at the bottom.
- Tap the “Edit“ button at the top.
- Select the “Change Number“ option.
- Tap “Continue“ and add the virtual number.
- Enter the verification code sent to the virtual number.
Your Telegram account is now associated with the virtual number you purchased.
To create a virtual number for Telegram, find a virtual number provider, sign up with them, generate the virtual number, and use it to register for a Telegram account, as presented in this post.