Discord is a platform that allows gamers to voice chat, share text, and join servers where they can play together.
However, one of the most annoying things about Discord is the character limit of 2,000 per message.
This can be frustrating if you want to share something longer than the limit.
However, there is a way to bypass the character limit. But how do you go about that?
Generally, the best course of action is to divide the text into multiple messages. In that case, using the BetterDscord app and the SplitLargeMessages Plugin will make it easier. Once you have them downloaded and installed, you can bypass the 2,000-character limit on Discord.
This blog post will show you a step-by-step guide on bypassing Discord’s character limit. So, stay tuned as we kick things off!
Why Is There a Discord Message Character Limit?
It’s easy to be frustrated by this character limit on Discord, but there are good reasons why it’s there.
To begin with, Discord needs to keep its servers running smoothly. If everyone were allowed to write messages of unlimited length, it would strain the server’s resources.
This would lead to slow speeds, lag, and general instability.
Discord also needs to be able to protect its users from spam and abuse. A character limit helps reduce the amount of spam sent in the chat.
It also helps to discourage users from sending hateful or offensive messages since they have to be concise.
Many people find it tricky to keep within the character limits on Discord and other social media platforms. Fortunately, you can use some simple tips and tricks to ensure your messages don’t exceed the character limits on Discord.
Finally, a character limit encourages users to be concise. This is important because it helps keep conversations on the topic.
It also means that conversations can move quickly, and users don’t have to spend too much time reading long messages.
These are just some reasons why Discord has a character limit. So, if you want to ensure your messages are readable and on-topic, it’s best to stick within the character limit.
How To Increase the Discord 2,000 Character Limit?
Generally, the best way to do this is to send them in chunks of 2,000 characters.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to accomplish that:
- Navigate to BetterDiscord. This application will help you modify Discord to allow you to add themes and plugins you choose
- Click on the ‘Download‘ button. It will take a few minutes to get the BetterDiscord app downloaded.
- After that, find the .exe file and double-click on it.
- After that, accept the license agreement from the pop-up. Once done, click ‘Next.’
- Then, choose “Install BetterDiscord” and click on ‘Next.’
- Ensure to select the right Discord version.
- Click on the ‘Install‘ button.
- After the installation is complete, click on ‘Close.’
- Once done, launch the Discord application on your PC.
- Click on the settings icon at the bottom left.
- Scroll to ‘BetterDiscord‘ in the left navigation.
- Go to the ‘Plugins‘ tab.
- Click on ‘Open Plugins Folder.’ This opens up a folder for dragging and dropping your plugins.
- Next, go to https://betterdiscord.app/plugin/SplitLargeMessages in a new tab.
- Click on the ‘Download‘ button to get the SplitLargeMessages plugin downloaded. You may use this plugin to input longer messages, and they will be automatically divided into multiple shorter ones.
- Locate the downloaded file and drop it into the plugins folder.
- This may prompt you to download additional files. Download the extra files, and you’re done.
There you have it! With the steps above, you can bypass the character limit on Discord.
Hopefully, this guide has helped show you how to increase the Discord 2,000 character limit.
Once you have this sorted out, you’ll be able to communicate more effectively on Discord and make sure your messages are as expressive and meaningful as you’d like them to be.
No, Discord only allows for 2,000 characters for each chat by default. Therefore, this limit is not the responsibility of your administrator or any other individual.
The typical Discord message character limit is 2,000 characters. Both paid subscribers to Nitro Classic and free users are subject to this limit.
Discord keeps personal data as long as it’s required for the purposes a user obtained it. This generally means the platform keeps your personal information as long as your Discord account is active.