When sharing your photos or videos on Instagram, a timestamp or date helps people understand better about an event. Maybe you had an iconic click on a specific day or wish to represent a cherished memory. It is where adding a date to your Instagram stories comes in handy.
Instagram is an intuitive social media platform that offers several ways to add a date to your stories.
You can add the date to your Instagram Story only by entering it as a text. You can then customize the text to make it stand out as a date. Unfortunately, Instagram does not provide a sticker for the date as it does for the time. The app also has a countdown function to a special occasion that can assist with keeping your audience updated and building the hype for the event.
We’ll dive deep and learn how to add a date to Instagram stories throughout this piece. You’ll also know how the function helps your privacy without putting any restrictive measures.
How Can You Add a Date to Your Instagram Story?
There is only one method to add the date to your Instagram Story by adding a text. Unfortunately, Instagram does not have a date sticker as they do for the time. You can quickly customize the text to look cool.
One advantage of this method is that you can add a random date, and it does not have to mirror the actual date the Story was taken on.
Here is how to add a date to Instagram Story using the text function:
- Launch the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on the Plus “+” sign and select “Story” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the media that you wish to display as the story. You can also use the camera to get a photo or video for the story.
- Tap on the add text “Aa” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Type in the date that you want to display on the story.
- Customize the text to make it stand out.
- Proceed with the rest of the settings and publish the story on your account.
Adding a Countdown on Instagram Stories
With Instagram’s countdown feature, you can provide daily updates to a specific event. The app automatically notifies you when it is time to post a story update and already enters the countdown with the media.
To use countdown with your Instagram stories,
- Swipe right from the Instagram home screen and select the “Story” option.
- Choose the desired media by going through the gallery. You can also take a new photo or video using the Capture button.
- Select the stickers icon from the top of the screen.
- Browse through the menu till you find the countdown sticker.
- Click on the countdown sticker to enter details such as the date/time and name of the event. If you already have a countdown in progress, it will display the pre-filled information.
- Once you’ve customized the countdown to your liking, select the “Done” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Adjust the countdown’s position, size, and tilt on your Story.
- Set the desired preferences and publish the Story on your account.
Adding a date to your Instagram story is not a complicated process. You just have to add it as a text and then customize it to make it look cool. The detail can help build trust in your audience.
It also makes you look like an organized person who keeps a note of all the stuff they go through. Moreover, it creates an easier timeline to follow.