There are various badges that Facebook awards to individuals, pages, and groups. When interacting with a given page, you may encounter someone’s profile having a top fan badge.
The jewel icon makes the person stand out among the people commenting on a given page.
Are you curious about what the top fan means on Facebook and how you can get one?
The top fan badge is an award provided by Facebook for being very active on a given Facebook page or group. It could be that you are the most active person liking videos from the given Facebook page, or you are active in the comment section. Ideally, you can only get the top fan badge if Facebook notices you as the most active follower of a given Facebook page or group.
If you have no idea what a top fan badge is, you are in the right place. We will discuss what a top fan badge is, how to get one, how to turn it on and off, and how you can remove it. Also, we will see the benefits of having a top fan badge on your profile.
What is a Top Fan Badge on Facebook?
Facebook is well known for rolling out badges to increase users’ engagement on the platform. The top fan badge is one of the recently rolled out badges, and we will explain it.
If you follow a given Facebook page or group, you probably like its posts, videos, view its profile, and comment on the posts.
Facebook takes notice of these efforts, and when it notices that you are the most active fan of a given page or group, it rewards you with a top fan badge, helping you stand out from other followers.
Once you get awarded the badge, you can turn it on for it to display next to your Facebook name. Besides, you must click the “Display top fan badge” when Facebook awards it to you for it to start appearing on your name.
Here are some of the things to note about the top fan badge:
- Facebook updates the top fans weekly. Therefore, the badge may disappear if your activeness reduces or someone gets more active than you.
- The page owner or the admin can decide to remove the top fan badge or turn the feature off for their group or page. If that happens, you automatically lose the badge.
- When you get awarded the top fan badge, all interactions you have with the page or group will update and display the badge next to your name.
- All comments you make on the group or page will have the badge next to your name.
How To Get a Top Fan Badge on Facebook
To get the top fan badge, you must earn it through your activeness on the given Facebook page or group.
Therefore, to stand out as the most active follower, you must watch videos from the given page, like their posts, comment, share them, and react to other people’s comments.
Furthermore, the Facebook page or group you are a member of must have 10,000 followers for Facebook to award the top fan badge to its members.
So, if you plan to get a top fan badge, start by ensuring you join a group with many followers. Once that is done, focus on how you will stand out as the most active follower.
Lastly, remain consistent in your activeness and wait for Facebook to notice you and award you the badge.
Managing Top Fan Badges for Your Facebook Page
As an admin of a given page or group, you have the power to decide whether the top fan badge should be used on the page or group. Besides, you can choose to remove the badge from an individual follower, but you can determine who gets awarded the badge.
To turn on or off the badge on the page or group:
- Open Facebook and access the page where you are the admin.
- Tap the “Settings” option.
- On the left column, select the “Facebook badges” option.
- Lastly, click the option to turn on top fan badges.
If the badge is turned on and you don’t want Facebook awarding members the badge, turn it off.
Still, you could choose to remove the top fan badge from a page follower. In that case, use the steps below:
- Open Facebook and access the page where you are an admin.
- Tap on the “Community” option on the left sidebar.
- Locate the individual that has the badge.
- Click on the three dots next to their name.
- Click the “Remove top fan badge” option.
The person will notice that the badge has been removed.
A top fan badge is Facebook’s way of acknowledging the most active follower of a given page or group.
We’ve discussed all the details about a top fan badge, including what it is, how to get it, and how to manage the badge as an admin of a given page or group.