When you scroll through Instagram or any other active social media site, you’re bound to see a lot of acronyms. One of the most popular ones you’ll see is “FW.” This one may confuse you if you aren’t familiar with cyber terms. So, what does “FW” mean on Instagram?
In slang, “FW” stands for “F*ck with.” A universal kind of phrase used as a threat or challenge or to state not to mess with someone. FW is sometimes used as a short form of “Forward,” as in sending a message or picture to someone.
Social media has created new abbreviations and acronyms for just about everything. So, it’s no surprise that “FW” has become popular on sites like Instagram. While its meaning may be clear to some, others may still be confused about what it means.
We’ll help clear up the confusion and tell you everything you need to know about “FW” on Instagram.
What Does “FW” Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is home to one of the most active social media communities. Insta friends love to express every aspect of their lives through photos and videos and then comment and reply to each other’s posts.
All these conversations are made using lots and lots of short forms and acronyms because, let’s face it, who has time to type out whole words when you’re trying to converse with someone?
“F*ck You” can be used in so many ways. Let’s see a few examples of how “FW” is used in Instagram conversations.
- A: Just saw the new Kanye interview.
- B: Fw that guy, he’s so arrogant!
- A: Yeah, I know. I can’t stand him either.
When you’re done with someone
- A: I’m done with your drama.
- B: Well, fw you too!
- A: Good! I don’t need you in my life anyway.
When you’re feeling sassy
- A: Did you see what she was wearing? So tacky!
- B: Whatever, fw her and her fashion choices.
Telling someone not to mess with you or yours
- A: I don’t like the way he’s talking to you.
- B: Yeah, well fw him. He’s not worth my time.
- A: I can’t believe she’s dating him.
- B: Me neither, but fw it, it’s not my business.
Showing Interest in Someone
- A: Damn, he’s fine!
- B: I know, right? I would fw him in a heartbeat!
“FW” is one of the most popular acronyms on Insta because “F*ck You” is probably the most common slang we now use in our daily conversation.
“FW” Meaning As Forwarding
Another widespread use of “FW” is a short form of the word “Forward.” You can use it when you want to send someone a message or photo without having to type out the entire word.
Here are four examples of how you can use “FW” as a short form of “Forward”:
- Hey, I got the pup’s photos and fw them to the vet.
- I’m so not in the mood for this. Can you fw my call to voicemail?
- This article is interesting, fw it to me when you’re done reading.
- I don’t have time to talk now but fw me your number, and I’ll call you later.
“Fwd” is the more appropriate acronym for “Forwarding,” but “FW” also gets the job done and is commonly used. Especially if you’ve got an FW message in your email, it certainly means “Forward.”
Slangs are part of our everyday conversations; no wonder they’ve made their way onto social media platforms like Instagram. “FW” is just one example of popular slang and has become part of our online vocabulary. As you can see, it can be used in many different ways.
When someone sends you an “FW,” they tell you to “F*ck With” or leave them alone.
While the phrase “F*ck You” can be considered rude, it depends on how you use it and with what tone you say it.
The meaning of “FW” is the same as “Fu*k With” on all social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter.