Facebook introduced a marketplace where users can sell items. The platform operates differently than other online selling platforms. Language on the Facebook marketplace also differs from other sites.
I know you know what ‘bump’ means but do you understand its meaning in Facebook sales?
A bump in Facebook sales is short-term to explain the act of boosting a Facebook marketplace listing to rank higher in the marketplace. To bump a sales post, you need to follow the boosting process by stating a budget and time your ad will run and identifying an audience before promoting it.
Wait, don’t get lost yet. If you have never used the Facebook marketplace, you will need to see how this term unveils its meaning. Otherwise, you are in the right place if you are a seller on the platform and don’t know what the word means.
Keep reading this article to learn what ‘bump’ is on Facebook sales. Its application is the same, even in variations in tenses.
What Does Bump Mean on Facebook?
When a user bumps an item in another person’s feed, they increase its visibility in that group’s feed. Usually, they intend to make more people see it even when they aren’t searching for the bumped item on the group’s page.
You can use different methods to bump items on a sales post.
When someone bumps items on a sales post, the seller’s comments won’t affect it in any way.
Sellers bumping posts on Facebook Marketplace means they are boosting their listings. You need to set a particular budget and duration to bump posts. Facebook allows you to choose an audience if the product is a listing with delivery.
How To Bump on Facebook Marketplace
Bumping is the same as boosting your listing on the Facebook marketplace. You want to reach as many potential buyers as possible. Boosting your listing means turning it into an ad on Facebook for many people to see.
It is to help a seller to sell their item faster. The theoretic description might sound complicated, but the steps are easy. Here is how to bump on the Facebook marketplace:
- Open Facebook on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “Menu” tab in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on ‘Marketplace.’
- Tap on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Your listings.”
- Tap on the listing you want to boost.
- Tap on ‘Boost Listing.’
- Choose the total budget and a recommended campaign period, or you can choose a custom option.
- If your listing is a product with delivery, choose ‘Audience’ and fill in the information.
- Verify the payment method.
- View the ad preview.
- Review the payment summary.
- Click ‘Promote Now‘ once done to boost the listing.
Benefits of Bumping on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook marketplace allows users to sell and buy items in their community. Bumping a marketplace listing could increase the number of people seeing and engaging with it. It could help you sell your items faster, but it isn’t a guarantee.
After bumping a marketplace listing, it features on Facebook as an ad. You can use insights for boosted listings to see your ad results. Here are some benefits of bumping on Facebook sales:
- Reach is increased. Your items are shown to more people beyond your marketplace feed. Some ad placements include Facebook search, a news feed, marketplace product detail pages, and marketplace search.
- Optimization for results. A seller can drive more traffic to their listings. Potential buyers will send them messages through Facebook Messenger. Delivered items have further optimization for listings to increase sales.
- Find the right audience. You can connect with buyers nearby within 40 miles, especially for local listings. The seller can choose their audiences for delivered items.
- Simple to set up. The seller can automatically use titles, prices, photos, and descriptions in their listing. They don’t need extra ad creativity.
Note that all bumped listings should comply with Facebook ad policies. The requirements to run any ads related to important issues or politics vary between countries.
Facebook sellers can confuse you with their terms if you are a novice at using the Marketplace.