Tagging someone is an excellent way of acknowledging them for participating in the post. It could be your TikTok partner you want to mention in the TikTok video or someone you want to mention in your comments section for people to view their profile and follow them. Once you tag someone on TikTok, a link to their profile gets created, and the tagged person gets notified.
You are probably used to tagging someone on Instagram when posting pictures. TikTok deals with videos, so the only way to tag someone is by mentioning them when posting your TikTok content or in the comments section. Both methods help credit the tagged person, and TikTok will notify them about you tagging them.
Do you want to learn how to tag someone creatively on TikTok? Yes? You are in the right place as this guide covers the steps of tagging someone on TikTok using a desktop and mobile phone. Read on to find out more.
Methods of Tagging Someone on TikTok
Tagging someone on your TikTok videos shouldn’t trouble you. The easiest way is to mention them when posting your content. Whether using a desktop, Android, or iPhone, the process shouldn’t worry you.
Tagging Someone on TikTok Using Android or iPhone
Follow the steps below to mention someone while posting your TikTok video.
- Open your TikTok app and access your account.
- Click the Plus (+) icon at the bottom of the page.
- The Camera page will open. Make your TikTok video by clicking the red button or upload a video by clicking the upload button.
- Click the Next button twice to open the Post page.
- Under the Post page, add your video description and hashtags.
- Next to the hashtags, click the @Friends or @mention button.
- Search for the username of the person you wish to tag.
- You will note their username will start with the @ symbol, meaning you’ve tagged them. Note that you can tag more than one person by adding their username.
- Once you are okay with your post, click the Post button, which uploads your video.
You’ve tagged your target person by mentioning them on your post, and TikTok will notify them of the action.
Alternatively, you can tag someone by mentioning them in the comments section of the TikTok video you’ve uploaded or of other content creators. To mention someone in the comments section, use the steps below.
- Access your TikTok account using your mobile app.
- At the top of your home page, click the “Following” or “For You” buttons.
- Locate the video you wish to mention your target person in.
- Click the comments button below the heart icon.
- Click the “Say something” or “add comment” section.
- Type your comment and tap the @ symbol on the right.
- Once clicked, type the username of the person you want to tag and click on it when it appears.
- Finally, click the Send button to add your comment.
Bingo! Your target person will receive a notification that you tagged them in a given video, and anyone who sees your comment can click on the link attached to the tagged name to view their profile.
Tagging Someone on TikTok Using Desktop
If you don’t use a mobile app, you can still tag someone by accessing the browser version of TikTok. To mention someone on your TikTok video, use the steps below.
- Login to your TikTok account from the browser.
- Once logged in, click the Plus (+) icon at the top.
- Upload your video.
- Click the Next button twice.
- On the Upload Video page, click the @Friends on the caption area.
- Search the person you want to tag and click on their name when found.
- Lastly, click the Post button at the bottom.
With the steps above, you’ve tagged someone on your video, and they too will get the credit for the video.
Tagging someone on TikTok differs from tagging someone on other social media platforms. On TikTok, you can only tag someone by mentioning them on your TikTok before uploading it or under the comments section. We’ve covered both ways for PC and mobile phone. Try it out and tag your best friend or TikTok partner.
To tag someone on TikTok, you must mention them when posting your video for them to get the credit. If you are not a content creator, you can only tag someone by mentioning them when commenting on someone’s video.
When you tag someone on TikTok, a link gets generated to their TikTok profile. When someone clicks on the tagged username, they get redirected to their TikTok profile.