YouTube is the biggest video-sharing platform that has redefined how we consume content. Many creators emerged from this platform, and it has fulfilled the dreams of millions of people worldwide.
Today, we will learn something essential for a wholesome YouTube experience, i.e., how to sign into YouTube. The process is simple and will take seconds of yours. So, how to sign into YouTube?
You need to use a Google account to sign into YouTube. Click on the “Sign in” option on the top right corner of the YouTube website and enter your existing Google account credentials, or click “Create account” to create a new one. On YouTube mobile, you can tap on the profile icon in the top-right corner to sign in or create a new account.
Follow our step-by-step guide to sign into YouTube and enjoy all the perks and benefits.
Step-by-Step Guide To Sign In to YouTube
Before we begin, one thing you must know about. It is not necessary to sign into YouTube to view YouTube videos. Without signing in, you can enjoy the content and watch videos.
However, the only problem is that there are certain perks you would be deprived of if you do not sign in, which we will later discuss as you go about the article.
The crux is that you must sign in to YouTube to get video recommendations based on your activity, subscribe to channels, create a channel, and like, share, and save videos you like.
Since we have established that signing into YouTube is imperative for a profound experience, let’s learn how to do it.
Signing Into YouTube Using a Computer
- Navigate to the YouTube website on your browser.
- Click on the “Sign in” option in the top right corner.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Google account sign-in page.
- Enter your Google account credentials (email and password) that you already have or use for other Google services.
- Once you enter that, hit the “Next” button to continue.
You will be signed into YouTube with your Google account.
Alternatively, follow the steps below if you do not have a Google account.
- Navigate to the YouTube website and click “Sign in.”
- Click on the “Create account” option to create a new account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your basic info (name, surname, date of birth, and gender).
- Next, select an email address from the given choice or create your own, enter the password, and confirm.
- You can additionally enter a recovery email and phone number for an added layer of security.
- On the next screen, scroll down and click on the “Agree” button.
Once all the above steps are done, your new Gmail account will be created, and you will be automatically signed into YouTube.
Signing Into YouTube on a Mobile
- Launch the YouTube app on Android or iOS devices.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the blue “Sign in” button and then hit the “Plus” sign to add an account.
- The Google account sign-in window will pop up. Here, you can enter your existing Google account credentials.
- Alternatively, you can tap the “Create account” button to create a new account by following the instructions above, i.e., enter your basic information, create the email address and password, and you will be signed into YouTube.
You need a Google account to sign into YouTube since YouTube is the product of Google. If you change your Google account password, all the Google services that use your Google account to sign in will be logged in.
Why Is It Significant To Sign In to YouTube?
Your YouTube experience will be incomplete if you do not take a moment to sign in to YouTube. Let’s see what you will miss if you do not sign into YouTube.
You Cannot Create a YouTube Channel
That’s right! Without signing into YouTube with your Google account, you cannot create a channel as you are simply a by-passer and not someone without their identity. So, you cannot upload your content and make money on it without a YouTube channel.
You Cannot Show Your Support to Any Channel
If you do not sign into YouTube, then YouTube does not allow you to like any video on its platform to show your support to the content creators. Additionally, you cannot subscribe to any YouTube channel without signing in.
Similarly, if you want to save any video to watch it later, you can forget this perk if you do not sign into YouTube. Moreover, if you find any content offensive, you cannot report it or flag it to YouTube.
No History, No Customized Experience
You cannot manage your watch history if you do not subscribe to YouTube. YouTube history will not even show for you to edit or view.
Moreover, YouTube will not recommend content based on your watch activity or preference. Everything will be haphazard.
YouTube has been a product of Google since 2006. So, YouTube users need a Google account to sign into YouTube to enjoy the full experience of YouTube.
You can sign into YouTube through your existing Google account. Alternatively, you can create a new one directly from YouTube.
Hopefully, with our guide, you can sign into YouTube and create a new account if you do not have an existing Google account.