You probably already enjoy using Snapchat for its amazing filters and other features. It gets better since you can now use Shazam on Snapchat. With Shazam, you can identify which songs are playing around you or on Snapchat. The best part is that Shazam is integrated with Snapchat, making it easier and more convenient.
Using Shazam on Snapchat is easy. Besides, you don’t have to download it as it integrates within Snapchat. All you need is to open your Snapchat account and long press anywhere on the screen while on camera. Shazam will open and recognize the music playing. Once Shazam recognizes the music, it will display its name and other information about the track.
If you’ve not used Shazam before with Snapchat, this guide will offer you a step-by-step guide on how to go about it. Besides, we will cover how to edit a Shazam snap and view history on Shazam for all songs you’ve Shazamed before. Let’s get started.
What is Shazam?
Shazam is an application capable of listening to any tracks playing either on the target app or in the background. Once it listens to a track, it discovers the details of that track, including the name of the artist and the song’s title. In some cases, it downloads the entire song.
Shazam on Snapchat is a preinstalled feature, not an application you must download. Any updated Snapchat should have Shazam by default.
How To Use Shazam on Snapchat
You can use Shazam to identify the track, whether it’s the music playing on Snapchat or around you that you want to get more details about. The steps below will guide you.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Open the camera screen and stay on it.
- Long-press the camera screen when music is playing in the background.
- Shazam will work in the background and pick up the music. You will note some moving icons on the screen signifying Shazam is trying to identify the track playing.
- Once Shazam recognizes the track, it will display a pop-up containing the song’s details, such as title, cover art, and artist name.
- To play the music, click the “Listen” button or the “Song Info” to get more details about the song. If you wish to share the song with your Snapchat friends, click the three dots at the top and choose the available options.
Once Shazam identifies the track, you can view more details from the information page, where you can get the song’s lyrics or preview the music.
Also, any Shazamed song will appear in the list of identified songs, covered in the next section.
How To List All Shazamed Songs
Now that you’ve Shazamed a song, how about seeing all the songs you’ve Shazamed before? It’s possible, and the steps below will guide you.
- Start by opening your Snapchat and logging in to your account.
- At the top, click your profile/avatar icon.
- On the next screen, open Settings by clicking the gear icon at the top right corner.
- A menu will appear. Scroll down and click on “Shazam” under “My Account”.
- You will see a list of all the songs you’ve Shazamed before.
You can get more details about any song from the list by tapping on it. Also, you can delete a song from the list by clicking “Delete” once you swipe to the left.
How To Share a Shazamed Song on Snapchat
If you come across an amazing track, it makes sense that you wonder how you can share it, right? You can share it; better yet, there is a way to edit before sharing.
To first edit a Shazam snap before sharing, do the following.
- Navigate to where all the songs you’ve Shazamed before are, as we saw in the above section.
- From the list, find the song you wish to share, then click on “Song Info”.
- Next, long press anywhere on the screen until a pencil icon shows up. Click on it.
- Here, your creativity matters, and you can edit the snap in any way you desire, including adding bitmoji, text, or filters.
- Once all is set, you can share the snap with your friends. It includes a preview of the Shazamed song.
Daily, Snapchat is working towards improving the user experience to attract and retain its users. One such way is by incorporating Shazam on Snapchat.
For anyone who loves Snapchat, this new feature is amazing, and with it, you can easily identify the music playing on Snapchat or in the background environment.
It gets better since you can edit the snap of the Shazamed song and share it on Snapchat, and we’ve seen how to achieve all that in this post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Whether iPhone or Android, the Shazam feature comes with all Snapchat accounts. To Shazam on Snapchat, open the camera screen and long-press on the screen. Shazam will listen to any music, discover it, and give the details of the discovered track.
With Snapchat, you can send a snap containing a preview of any Shazamed song. Open the list of Shazamed songs before, edit the snap to your preferences, and finally share the snap with your Snapchat friends.