Facebook allows people to create groups with a common interest and make communications easy.
Creating a Facebook group is easy, but how do you share the group on Facebook so people can join it?
If that is your issue, this guide is what you need as it will explain the various ways you can use to share a group on Facebook.
Sharing a group on Facebook can be difficult when you don’t know the steps involved. There are three ways you can share a group on Facebook. You can use the invite feature on your group to share it with new members or email. Moreover, if the group you wish to share is private, you can use a link to get new members.
Three ways of sharing a group on Facebook will be explained, alongside the steps followed when using these methods. Also, if you are having trouble sharing a post to a group on Facebook, continue reading this post to discover how to achieve that!
- 3 Ways on How to Share a Group on Facebook
- How To Share a Post to a Group on Facebook
- Frequently Asked Questions
3 Ways on How to Share a Group on Facebook
You have to share the group when you want new members to your Facebook group. You can use three ways when you wish to get new members, as explained below.
Method #1: Using a Link
When you want to share a private group on Facebook, you can only do that by using a link.
Private groups are always hidden, and it will be impossible to find them without a link. This method’s good news is that members and group admins can share the group.
- Open Facebook and click on the menu icon.
- Click on the “Groups” option and click on your group.
- Find the “+ Invite” option and select it.
- Choose the “Invite with a link” option.
- Please tap on the link to copy it.
- Tap on “Done”, then choose how you want to share on Facebook.
When sharing a group on Facebook through a link, you must know the link will expire after twenty people have used it or 48 hours are over. When it expires, you must create a new one and share it with the members to join the group.
Method #2: Using an Email
If you are the group’s admin, you can share it on Facebook via email. The email will include a link to the Facebook group.
If the group is private, the admin must approve the member who wishes to join. But if the group is public, the new member will be joined once they click on join and agree to join.
- Click on the menu icon on the Facebook home page.
- Tap the “Groups” option.
- Click on “+ Invite” and choose “Invite with email”.
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to join.
- Tap on “Send Invite”.
Method #3: Share the Group to Facebook Friends
If you want your friends to join the Facebook group, you can invite them as shown below:
- Tap on “Groups” once you are in your feeds.
- Click the “+ Invite” option.
- Choose the “Invite Facebook friends” option.
- Please type the name of your friends or search for them.
- Tap the “Send Invites” option.
How To Share a Post to a Group on Facebook
After learning how to invite more people to join your Facebook group, you can share posts to the group in various ways.
Share a Post from Your Page to Your Group on Facebook
If you want to share posts from your page to your linked Facebook group, you can achieve that by:
- While on your Facebook page, tap on the post you wish to share.
- Click on the “Share” option, then tap “Share to a group”.
- Tap the group, add a text if you wish, then tap the “Post” option.
How To Share a Post to a Facebook Group on Facebook
If you are not the group owner and want to share a random post, you can do so, provided the administrator does not prohibit the post.
- Open Facebook.
- Click on the menu icon to open your feeds.
- Select the “Groups” option and go to the group you wish to share a post with.
- Click on the small box next to your picture, and choose the post format you wish to share.
Getting new members for your Facebook group can be stressful when you don’t know how to share the group.
This group has explained the various methods you can use when you wish to share a group on Facebook and get new members.
Moreover, read this guide if you don’t know how to share a post to a group on Facebook!
Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook offers various ways you can share a group on Facebook. If you have the emails of the people you wish to join the group, choose the email option. Also, if the group is private, share it as a link.