The music collection on TikTok is filled with many tunes. There are many of these, and you can make videos using them right away to dance to the beat of your heart or sing in playback.
There are many songs on TikTok, but you might want something unique. This article will walk you through how you can add your sound to TikTok.
You might also just want to hear your voice, the music you’re about to play, or something unique! You may be wondering how to add your sound to TikTok. You’ll need to use TikTok’s voiceover feature to record your voice for this. You can also use the sound in your upcoming TikTok videos because it will be stored.
This article will cover creating sounds on TikTok and using your sounds on your TikTok videos.
You can produce your sounds to use in your future TikTok videos. A hilarious voice, a sound effect, a cover of a well-known song, or anything else you can think of are all examples of custom sounds.
- Start by opening the TikTok app to make a new video.
- You will find the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the screen. Tap it.
- Record a video by clicking the red circle at the bottom of the screen. Your sound will be made up of this audio. Click the red circle again, then click the red checkmark to stop recording.
- Use the settings in the bottom and side panels to adjust the audio recording. You can use the slow-motion effect and voice effect to adjust your sound. When satisfied, click “Next”. (Optional)
- Click “Publish” to share your TikTok with the world.
- Click the spin record in the bottom right corner of the TikTok video.
- To save the audio for later use, click “Add to Favorites”. Another option is to click “Create a new TikTok video” with your sound and use this sound.
Adding a Voiceover to TikTok
How to put your sound on TikTok? Don’t worry right away: it’s not difficult at all. Here’s how to do it step-by-step:
- Start by opening the TikTok application.
- Click the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the home interface.
- Press the red button on the next screen. This will allow you to record a new video. If you already have one pre-recorded, you can select it.
- Click on the “Next” button at the very top of the screen.
- Click on “Voiceover”. An icon under “Filters” will appear at the top right.
- The next screen will allow you to start recording audio. This means that you can sing, speak, record a song sung from another device, or even play a musical instrument directly. Be sure to keep the button pressed during recording. The recording stops when you release the button.
- All you have to do is click on “record” for the voiceover to be recorded.
If you want to remove the original sound from your video, you must uncheck the “Keep original sound” box at the very bottom. The box is automatically pre-checked when needed.
TikTok features an in-app music library you can choose from if creating your audio isn’t your thing:
- Click the plus (+) icon to upload the video you want to share on TikTok. Here you will find the option to edit your video. You can crop and also flip your video or change the playback speed. When you are satisfied with the settings, click “Next”.
- Click “Sounds” at the bottom of your screen to open the TikTok audio library. Go through the different sounds using the search bar, playlist menu, or discover tool. When you find the perfect sound, add it to your video by clicking “Use this sound” or checking the corresponding box.
- Play your video with added audio to view it. To equalize volume levels, click the “v” icon at the top of your screen and select “Volume”.
A platform like TikTok has many features, but sometimes it’s easy to get lost in the basic ones. You probably already know this, but TikTok’s popularity is based on music videos and other content with a high entertainment value. For this to happen optimally, the best music and sounds must be included.
Frequently Asked Questions
The raw recording of your video is the “original sound”. It is any sound that is captured on camera by your microphone.
The most frequently used sounds on TikTok will probably be “Oh no” by Kreepa and “Monkeys Spinning Monkeys” by Kevin MacLeod. Trending sounds fluctuate over time.
The text-to-speech function on TikTok has a more detailed explanation, but the fundamentals are straightforward. Type your text, select “Speech” from the menu, and select a voice.
When editing a video, select “Add sound” from the menu at the top of the screen, then use the TikToks music database to find the song you want. If you don’t know the song’s name, click here to listen to the most popular sounds on TikTok. Alternatively, you might use the app’s song title search feature and hit the spinning record icon to capture a video’s audio.