For most users, Snapchat is irresistible, from the face filters to the emojis. There is so much fun with Snapchat, and you’ve probably accumulated snaps to your memories.
At first, Snapchat had no feature to allow users to save their memories. Luckily, that changed, and by default, Snapchat saves your memories to your cloud account. However, you can save the memories to your camera roll.
Saving your memories to the camera roll is safer. Your Snapchat account can mess, and you wouldn’t love risking all those memories. The good news is that Snapchat has a feature that allows users to export their memories to their camera roll, which works for iOS and Android.
We’ll cover how to save memories to your device’s camera roll and set up your Snapchat account to store future memories to your camera roll instead. Furthermore, we will see how to export existing memories to your camera roll. Hang around, and let’s begin!
Saving New Snapchat Memories to Your Camera Roll
Snapchat uses cloud storage linked to your Snapchat account to save your memories automatically.
To change this and instead keep all new memories on your device’s camera roll, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device and log in to your account.
- Locate and click on your profile/avatar in the top-left corner.
- On the next screen, click the settings icon on the right.
- A menu will pop up. Click “Memories” from the listed options.
- Under the “Save Destination” section, click the “save” button.
- Three options will appear, and you can choose which to save your memories. For this case, choose the “Memories & Camera Roll”, which directly saves your snaps to memories and camera roll. The “Camera Roll Only” saves the snaps to your device and removes them from Snapchat, while “Memories” is the default option for saving to your cloud account.
Once finished, you can go back to the main screen and try editing a snap, then confirm where it gets saved. It should appear in your Memories and your device’s camera roll, our selected option.
Saving Existing Memories to Your Device’s Camera Roll
We’ve already seen how to set your Snapchat to save the new memories to your camera roll. However, that doesn’t work with the existing memories.
The method saves all memories in your Snapchat cloud account, and with only a few steps, you will get this done. Take a look:
- Open your Snapchat app and log in to your account.
- At the bottom of the screen, locate and click the memories icon.
- A list of all your memories will appear. Here, you have two options.
- Option 1:
- Save each memory manually, and you can do so by opening the memory, then clicking the three vertical dots at the top.
- Next, select the “Export Snap” option and click the “Download” button.
- Again, you don’t have to keep opening each memory. You can directly download it by pressing and holding on to it and clicking the “Export” button at the bottom. A menu will open. Click the “Download” button.
- Option 2:
- Save all the memories at once. To do so, ensure you are on the memories page.
- Press and hold on to any of the memories. A select screen will appear.
- Click the “Select All” button at the top.
- Confirm all memories are selected in all sections.
- Once you’ve verified so, click the “Export” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, click the “Download” button, which saves the memories to your device’s camera roll.
You’ve successfully saved all existing memories. Open your camera roll and check if everything worked as you expected.
Your Snapchat memories are worthy of safekeeping. Snapchat offers a cloud account to save memories, but you are never guaranteed absolute safety.
The option is to save the memories to your camera roll. We’ve seen how to save new and existing memories, and the best option is to save your snaps to memories and camera roll, ensuring one acts as the backup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, there is no official way to achieve that. However, there are third-party apps that allow you to do so, but you risk losing your account. Instead, ask your friend to share their snaps directly, and they will get saved to your memories or camera roll.
The option is to edit the save location. Snapchat offers three options; saving to your camera roll, saving to memory, and saving to both camera roll and memory. The choice depends on you.