Imagine being in the middle of an introductory video on Discord when your Blue Yeti decides to give up on you. A few years ago, when this microphone was recently launched in the market, all the YouTubers and influencers created a lot of hype for this product. Many customers have complained about their brand-new Blue Yeti not sounding good on Discord.
To make the Blue Yeti sound better on Discord, open the app. Tap on the gear icon to open Users Settings. Then, navigate to Voice and Video. Next, scroll down to Advanced settings and adjust the settings as you please. Disable Automatic Gain Control (Recommended).
If the Blue Yeti is not handled appropriately or if the Discord microphone feature is not functioning effectively, it will sound horrible on Discord.
In this article, we will discuss the different fixes you can use to make Blue Yeti sound better on Discord.
The easiest way to make Blue Yeti sound better is to position it correctly. We have explained 3 ways you can position your Blue Yeti correctly.
Firstly you need to use a microphone stand to make things easier. Here is what you can do:
- A table clamp comes with a microphone, which needs to be adjusted.
- Loosen the screw on the clamp to place the arm stand on it and tighten the screws.
- You may use the knobs on either side of the arm stand to adjust the position.
- At the top of the arm stand, loosen the knob to attach the Blue Yeti with it. Then tighten the knob once you are done with it.
Secondly, ensure that the top of the microphone faces the roof:
- Make sure you place the Blue Yeti at least six to twelve inches away from your mouth.
- Loosen the screws on either side of the Blue Yeti to make it more flexible.
- Make sure it is held vertically, and quickly tighten the screws again.
Lastly, use a pop-up filter in the following way:
- Loosen the gooseneck from the mounting arm.
- Place the gooseneck in the middle of the metal cradle and the mounting knob.
- Detach the desktop stand from either of the two sides of the Yeti.
- Attach the pop filter on that particular side of the Yeti, tightening the mounting screws.
Method #2: Making Adjustments to Discord’s Settings
Discord is said to be a user-friendly app. Still, in most cases, the Blue Yeti might not work because the user needs to understand the technicalities of its audio settings.
Listed down below is a step-by-step guide that you must follow to make adjustments to Discord’s settings.
- Open the Discord app.
- Tap on the gear icon to open Users Settings.
- Navigate to Voice & Video.
- Next, scroll down to the Advanced settings section.
- Disable Automatic Gain Control.
To reset the settings, you must find the Reset Voice Settings option. This would remove any changes that you made previously and would switch back to its default settings. This way, you can start from scratch.
Another option is to change the cables of your Blue Yeti to adjust the sound quality. Try out the points listed below.
- Bend the wire cable at different points.
- Analyze if the sound changes.
- Hold the wire at different angles.
- Use different ports if you cannot find the damaged part of the wire.
To make Blue Yeti your default device on your PC, follow these steps:
- Open your Start menu to search for “Settings“
- Open the System settings, and click on “Sound.”
- In the Input section, click “Choose your Input Device” to make Blue Yeti your default device.
- Then close the window.
To change settings on Discord, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Discord app.
- Clear on the gear icon to open User Settings.
- Click on “Voice and Video.”
- Under “Voice Settings,” change the Input Device to Blue Yeti.
If the solutions mentioned above still don’t fix the sound of your Blue Yeti, then reinstall the drivers. Here are the steps to do that.
- Open Device Manager on your PC.
- Click on “Audio inputs and outputs.”
- Click on “Blue Yeti.”
- Open the “Drivers” tab and click on the Roll Back Driver option. If this option is unavailable, skip to the 6th step.
- Once it’s done, detach the Blue Yeti and plug it in after a few minutes.
- Then click on “Update Driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for drivers” and see if it can find any new drivers. If so, install it.
So, multiple fixes can help your Blue Yeti sound better on Discord. Make sure to give these remedies a fair trial to fix your voice on Discord.