Snapchat scores are a source of pride for many Snapchat users. Getting many points on the platform indicates that a user is socially active and has many friends.
However, some may prefer to hide their Snapchat activities from a particular friend or family member. One way of doing this is by hiding your Snapchat score.
However, Snapchat lacks options that specifically hide the snap score. You have to take some extreme measures to make your score invisible. This can only be done by removing the person from your friend list, as non-friends cannot see your Snapchat score.
This article will teach you how to hide your Snapchat score. Keep reading!
- What Does Snapchat Score Mean?
- Is Your Snapchat Score Visible to Others?
- How To Hide Snapchat Score?
- How To Check Someone Else’s Snapchat Score?
- How to Increase Snapchat Score
- How To Reset Your Snapchat Score?
- Why Can’t You See Your Friend’s Snapchat Score?
The Snapchat score represents how many snaps you’ve sent and received so far.
Your score increases with every snap that you share with a friend. You also boost your score when you receive snaps from friends.
Is Your Snapchat Score Visible to Others?
Your Snapchat score is visible only to your friends. Snapchat scores cannot be seen by someone you added as friends, but they never added you back.
Both parties must add each other to view the score.
How To Hide Snapchat Score?
Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t provide privacy settings for hiding your snap score. Either remove the person from your friends’ list or block them.
You can block or remove a friend whom you do not wish to share your snap score with by following the next section.
How To Remove or Block a Friend on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app.
- In the upper left corner, click on your Bitmoji.
- Then, tap the “My Friends” button.
- Find the user you don’t want to see your Snapchat score using the search function.
- Long-press on that specific friend.
- Tap on the “Manage Friendship” button.
- Select the “Remove” or “Block” option.
How To Check Someone Else’s Snapchat Score?
It is pretty simple to find the Snapchat score of anyone on your friends’ list.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile device.
- Tap on your Bitmoji in the top right corner.
- Go to “My Friends.”
- Find the person by using the search function and tap their Bitmoji.
- A profile window will appear. The number displayed under the username is their Snapscore.
Snap scores increase with frequent and regular usage. You need to send and receive more snaps, create stories, and keep up the Snap Streaks to boost your score.
You can improve your score by following these strategies:
- Share casual messages with your friends, like good morning or evening snaps. The extra Snaps will soon add up.
- Don’t miss a Story. Just opening them will get you points.
- You can follow and interact with celebrities. You will receive many snaps per day from them, which will boost your Snap score. Also, you can send them several Snaps, and they won’t be bothered. Most celebrities’ social accounts are managed by agencies; they may not even notice your snaps.
- Start following brands. Most brands hire social media companies to handle their Snapchat accounts. Similar to celebs, these brands will send you lots of snaps each day, and you can also send them back a few without worry.
- Stop using Snapchat. After giving up the app temporarily and rejoining, you get a boost in points.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Score?
If you want to reset your Snapchat score to 0, you can delete all of your snaps and then delete your account.
Alternatively, sometimes due to a visual glitch, your Snapchat score is displayed as zero, and you want to restore your actual score. Here are different solutions to get back your Snapchat score:
- You can log out of your Snapchat account by clicking “Log Out.” Once again, click “Log In.”
- Reboot your mobile.
- Update the Snapchat App.
- Clear the cache of your Snapchat app.
- Reinstall Snapchat after uninstalling.
If you can’t see your friend’s snap score, it is most likely that the person has removed or blocked you. As mentioned above, only friends can see the score.
Keeping your Snapchat score hidden will prevent others from knowing your activities.
As Snapchat doesn’t offer relevant privacy options, you must remove or block a person to hide your score. Happy snapping!