If you’re one of the one billion people who use TikTok, you likely enjoy scrolling through the app, watching funny videos, and maybe even posting a few of your own.
But you may not want everyone to see who you’re following on the app. Luckily, there’s a way to do that, and it only takes a few steps.
First, open the TikTok app and go to your profile by tapping on the “me” icon in the bottom-right corner. Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner, select “Privacy,” tap on “Followers List,” and then select “Only me.” That’s it!
We’ll show you a step-by-step guide on how to hide your follower list on TikTok right from inside the app.
- The first step is to open the TikTok app and log in to your account (if you’re not already logged in).
- Then, tap on the “me” icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to go to your profile. It looks like a person’s silhouette with me written under it.
This will open your profile page, where you can see your username, how many followers you have, your recent videos, and more.
- From your profile, tap on the three lines in the top-right corner to access the “Settings & Privacy” menu. You’ll see a lot of account management and security options in this menu.
- Tap on the second option, “Privacy.” This will land you on a page with several different visibility options for different aspects of your account.
- Once you’re on the Privacy page, find the “Following List” option under the “Safety” header.
- By default, this option is set to “Everyone,” which means anyone who visits your profile can see who you’re following on TikTok.
- Tap on the “Following List” option to change it. You’ll see two options under “Who can see your following list”: “Everyone” and “Only Me.”
- Select “Only Me” to hide your following list from everyone on TikTok. This includes people who you follow as well.
Now, whenever anyone visits your profile, they won’t be able to see who you’re following on TikTok. If they tap on the “Following” tab, it will just say, “This user’s Following list is private.”
If you ever want to go back and change this setting, just follow the steps again and select the “Everyone” option this time.
This method will help you hide your Following list from the general audience, but they’ll still be able to see any mutual friend who’s following you. If you want to make your Following list completely private, you’ll need to set your account to Private mode.
There could be several reasons people would want to hide their following list on TikTok. Maybe you’re following someone you don’t want your friends or family to know about. Or perhaps you just value your privacy and don’t want everyone snooping around in your business.
Whatever the reason, TikTok makes it pretty easy to do so. All you have to do is set the visibility of your follower list to “Only Me,” following the steps outlined in this guide, and you’ll have your follower list hidden in no time.