You might have seen TikTokers posting videos of themselves with bald heads. The filter is so believable you’d think someone visited the barber and shaved off their hair. Some look good with a bald head, while others look funny.
I bet you’re curious to know if a bald head will suit you. So, how do you get the bald filter on TikTok?
You can add the bald filter directly from TikTok using the effects library. You’ll need to search for the bald effect. Sadly, some devices may fail to support the effect. In this scenario, you may have to download Snapchat and use the Bald Character Lens. After that, you can upload the video to TikTok.
It’s easier if we take the step-by-step approach. So, read the article. I will detail all the steps you can follow to add the bald filter to your TikTok videos. Let’s get started by exploring the bald filter.
What Is a Bald Filter?
TikTok users have been pranking their close friends and family with the viral bald filter. The bald filter masks your head with a believable bald head image.
Some use the filter to trick their followers or friends into believing they shaved their hair. The smoothness and realness depicted by the filter contributed to its fame. The filter has different names. Some call it the Bald effect, while others call it the shaved head filter.
Initially, you could only upload the bald filter via Snapchat. However, after going viral, Tiktok released a filter similar to Snapchat’s Bald character. Let’s see how we can add this hilarious filter to TikTok videos.
Adding a Bald Filter to Your TikTok
There are two ways to add the Bald filter to your TikTok videos. You can do this through TikTok effects or Snapchat lens.
Method #1: TikTok Effects
- Open TikTok on your mobile device and log in.
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the “Effects” button at the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap the search button and search for “bald.”
- Select the “Bald” or “Big Head Bald” effect depending on what you want.
- Point the camera at your face and record the video.
- Edit the video by adding music, stickers, or text and post the video. Caption it with the #baldfilter hashtag to get more engagement on the video.
Method #2: Snapchat Lens
If, for some reason, you cannot access the TikTok bald filter or you just like the Snapchat version better, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile device and log in.
- Navigate to the Bald Character Lens in your browser.
- Take a photo of the Snapcode above the name using the Snapchat camera. The filter now loads.
- Point the camera at your face and record a video.
- Tap the “Save” button in the bottom left corner.
- Open TikTok on your mobile device.
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom center of your screen.
- Tap the “Upload” button to the right of the record button.
- Select the video from your camera roll.
- Add sound and stickers if you like, and publish your TikTok.
Many TikTok users take advantage of the Bald filter to create hilarious content. You’ll see most of these videos via #Baldfilterchallenge or #Baldfilter.
Jump on the trendy hashtag and create funny memes or videos using the Bald filter. Use either of the steps listed above. Don’t forget to share your thoughts on the Bald filter and some of the Bald-head videos you created.
There are various hair filters and effects on TikTok. You can add color to your hair through the hair color effect. You can also add fake bangs through the bangs effect. Type ‘hair filter’ on the explore button and choose a hair addition filter that pleases you.