Twitter is often the source of the latest news, hilarious memes, and a safe place for airing your most thought-provoking opinions and views.
As an avid user of Twitter, you may find the usual background tiring and boring and decide to change it.
Fortunately for you, it’s possible to change your Twitter background to a version suitable for nighttime use or when you are in a dark location.
Also, you can change your profile background to display your personality. So, how can you change the background on Twitter?
Here is how to change your Twitter background on your PC:
1. Navigate to Twitter settings.
2. Select “Accessibility, display, and languages.”
3. Click on the “Display” option.
4. Select between “Default,” “Dim,” and “Lights out.”
You can format your dark mode to display different levels of darkness or set it to come on at a particular time of the day. Also, you can change your Twitter background any time you want.
Learn how to do all these in this guide as we show you a step-by-step process of changing your Twitter background in seconds.
- Changing the Twitter Background
- Changing Your Twitter Profile Background
Changing the Twitter Background
Twitter is a free social network site. It allows its users to connect and also share their thoughts freely. Like other social platforms, Twitter doesn’t relentlessly update the app to feature many options.
One of the standard features you will see on other platforms is the ability to change your social page background anytime you like.
If you are a passionate user of Twitter, you can make your Twitter background appear in dark mode (black background against white texts).
That way, you won’t need to strain your eyes while using the app at night or in a dark place. The dark mode may also make your battery last longer.
If you wish to know how to change your Twitter background, here is how.
How To Change Your Twitter Background (Desktop)?
Here’s how to change the Twitter background on your PC:
- Navigate to Twitter on your favorite browser.
- Select “More” from the left navigation.
- Choose “Settings and privacy” from the list.
- Click on the “Accessibility, display, and languages” option.
- Click on “Display.”
- Click “Dim” for a less dark or “Lights out” for complete darkness. The “Default” option is the light mode.
How To Change Your Twitter Background (iOS)?
Follow these steps to change the Twitter background on your iOS device:
- Open the Twitter app on your iOS device.
- Tap the profile picture in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the list.
- Choose “Accessibility, display, and languages.”
- Select “Display and sound.”
- Tap “Dark mode.”
- Tap “Dark mode” to toggle it on.
- Under “Theme,” tap” Dim” to reduce the darkness or “Lights out” for complete darkness.
If you want to synchronize your Twitter dark mode with your iPhone dark mode settings, enable the “Use device settings” option directly under “Dark mode.”
How To Change Your Twitter Background (Android)?
To change your Twitter background on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your Android device.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap on “Settings & Support.”
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- Choose “Accessibility, display and languages.”
- Tap on the “Display” option.
- Under “Display,” tap “Dark mode.”
- Tap “On” to toggle on the dark mode.
- Under “Theme,” tap” Dim” to reduce the darkness or “Lights out” for a complete dark mode.
Changing Your Twitter Profile Background
Changing your Twitter background is just one way to customize your page. Another way is to change your profile background picture to a unique image.
This helps you add a personality to your Twitter profile or pass a message about yourself. Learn how to change your Twitter profile background below.
How To Change Your Twitter Profile Background (Desktop)?
If you have a cute picture that expresses your personality or that speaks about your skills and business, here is how to insert it into your header image:
- Navigate to Twitter on your favorite web browser
- Click on “Profile” in the left navigation.
- Click on “Edit profile.”
- Click the camera icon in the cover photo section.
- Choose the image you want from your PC.
- Click on “Open.”
- Use the controls to adjust the picture.
- Click “Apply” in the top left corner.
- Click “Save” in the top right corner.
How To Change Your Twitter Profile Background (Mobile App)?
To change your Twitter profile background on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Select “Profile.”
- Tap “Edit profile” on the right, under the cover photo.
- Tap on the cover photo.
- Choose a photo from your gallery or take a new one.
- Adjust the picture to the particular part you want to display.
- Tap the “Apply” button in the top right corner.
- Tap the “Save” button in the top right corner.
Changing your Twitter background is a way to add personality and branding to your Twitter page.
Using the dark mode background helps reduce eye strain and distraction when using Twitter at night. It can also save your battery.
Thankfully, the steps in this guide will help you enjoy browsing through Twitter at night and project your desired persona through your header image any time you want.