Are you tired of your Facebook background? Do you feel like revamping, using a new look, and tweaking things? We got your back and will offer the various tricks you can use to change your Facebook background. Appearances matter on any platform, and when you have a means of modifying your Facebook background, your experience gets a boost.
There are various ways you can modify your Facebook background. When creating a text post, you can change its background color. Also, you can choose to activate the dark mode as one way of changing your Facebook background. Still, you can access Facebook via a browser like Chrome and install a Facebook color changer extension from the Chrome web store.
We will cover the different ways to change your Facebook background on your desktop and mobile app. If you want to have various tricks to modify your Facebook background, keep reading the article to learn.
Different Ways of Changing Your Facebook Background
There is no harm in adding some beauty to your Facebook. Changing the background color makes your Facebook looks more appealing, especially if you are the kind that spends most of your time on Facebook. Note that only you can see the background color you add to your Facebook.
Moreover, you can always revert to the default background color offered by Facebook. We will discuss three options that you can use when you want to change your Facebook background color.
Method #1: Adding Background to Facebook Text Posts
Facebook allows you to add color to the background of your text-only post. Other posts that include videos and pictures can’t have a background added to them.
- Open your Facebook page.
- Click on the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Tap the “Aa” with a color.
- Choose the background color that you prefer.
- Write something in your post.
- Select the audience for your post.
- Click the Post button.
For Mobile App:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Click the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Click the Background Color option.
- Select a background color.
- Go ahead and add your text.
- Choose your audience.
- Once all is done, click the Post button.
That’s the first way of changing Facebook’s background. However, this method only works when creating a text post; anyone who views your timeline will see the colored text post.
Method #2: Using an Extension
Google Chrome offers multiple extensions which help to make life easier. For instance, if you access your Facebook account using the Chrome browser, you can quickly modify your Facebook background using an extension.
The best part about it is that the extension will change the background for your entire Facebook page, and you can choose different colors for different sections. You will feel more alive using the new revamped Facebook appearance.
Here’s how to change your Facebook background on your desktop.
- Open your Chrome browser on your computer.
- Open Facebook’s website on one tab and log in to your account.
- On another tab, search for Chrome web store.
- Click on the Chrome web store from search results.
- When it opens, search for “Facebook color changer.”
- Click on the extension to open.
- Tap on the Add to Chrome button.
- Click on Add extension.
- Once the extension installs, you will notice it at the header bar of your browser.
- Go to your Facebook tab and click on the extension you added at the header bar.
- Select a color scheme you prefer and choose which color to add to specific sections.
That’s it. The color scheme that you choose will immediately reflect on your Facebook background. When you no longer wish to use the color schemes, click on the extension again and, this time, disable the colors.
Method #3: Using Dark Mode
Facebook offers you the Dark Mode feature where instead of using the default light mode, you can use dark mode, which will reflect on your background. Below is how to enable dark mode on Facebook.
- Go to Facebook.
- Click on your Facebook profile picture at the top right corner.
- Select the Display & Accessibility option.
- Under the Dark mode, click the option for On.
Dark mode will immediately activate, and your Facebook background will change.
For Mobile App:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Settings.
- Under the Preferences section, click Dark mode.
- Turn it On.
You now have dark mode activated on your Facebook mobile app.
You can change your Facebook background using various ways. This guide presented three methods of changing your Facebook background on text posts, using an extension, and using dark mode. Feel free to use the method that best works for you in changing your Facebook background.