Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps for viewing and sharing photos and videos. But using a mobile phone over a long period can sometimes be straining on the eyes. In situations like this, using a larger screen like your TV can solve this problem. So, is there a way to cast Instagram to TV? Let’s find out.
There are a few methods you can use to cast Instagram to TV. The steps to be taken will largely depend on the type and brand of TV you have. They include
1. Through the use of Google Chromecast.
2. Through the use of smart TV with Miracast or direct Wi-Fi support.
3. Casting to the TV from PC or laptops.
In this article, I will explain each method as briefly as possible. At the end of the article, you should be able to cast your Instagram to your TV.
Method #1: Using Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device that allows you to play online content such as music and videos on your TV. It connects to your TV through the HDMI port. It can be powered either from an AC power source or through a USB port from your TV.
On an Android Device
To use the Google Chromecast on Android devices, follow these steps:
- Connect your smartphone and the Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to your mobile settings and find Bluetooth connections. (This step is different depending on the device.)
- Click on the “Cast” option.
- Select the “Enable Wireless Display” option from the top right corner. This will display all available devices you can cast to.
- Select your TV from the list provided.
- Click on “Start now.”
Your entire phone screen will be mirrored on your TV. You can now open your Instagram to start viewing the content on your TV screen.
On an iPhone/iPad
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, use this other method:
- Ensure that your iPhone/iPad and the Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Install and open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- From the options available, select your Chromecast device.
- Click on “cast my screen.”
- Tap on “cast screen.”
Your entire mobile screen will be mirrored on your TV. To stop casting, tap on the name of your Chromecast device and select “stop mirroring.”
Method #2: Using Smart TV with Miracast or Direct Wi-Fi Support
For those who already have a smart TV with Miracast support, there is no need to purchase the Google Chromecast dongle. You can directly cast your smartphone to your smart TV by following these steps:
- Ensure that your smartphone and the smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Set your TV to casting mode.
- Depending on your mobile phone brand, you can either bring down the notification panel to locate the shortcut “cast” option or go to the Bluetooth connections to find the cast icon.
- Click on the “cast” icon to display a list of all available devices you can cast on, including your TV.
- Select the name of your smart TV from the list, and it will cast your phone screen on your TV.
- Then launch your Instagram application and start viewing on your TV screen.
Method #3: Casting to the TV From PC or Laptops (Windows/Mac)
You can also cast your PC’s screen to your TV. Although the steps are slightly different from the others, it’s not complicated. For this method, you also need the Chromecast.
- Ensure that your PC and the Google Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Open the Instagram website and login into your Instagram account.
- While still in Google Chrome, click the three dots located at the top right corner of your browser.
- From the menu, click on the “cast” button.
- You will be presented with a list of Chromecast-enabled devices around you that you can cast on.
- Select your Chromecast device name, and it will start mirroring your laptop/pc screen on your TV.
Only the active browser tab will be mirrored to your TV by default. There are three types of casting options you can choose from. These three casting options can be accessed by clicking on the source button:
- Cast Tab. Using this option, you can only cast a particular tab in your Google Chrome browser. This is enough for casting Instagram on your TV screen.
- Cast Desktop. This option allows you to cast the entire display of your screen, including all tabs in chrome and other application software.
- Cast File. This option allows you to stream audio and video files. You have to click on the file you want to cast on your TV screen with this option.
Casting Instagram on TV can be very exciting and fun, especially when you want to share a video from Instagram with a large group of people. The steps are easy to follow and cost-efficient.
You can also apply these methods to other social media and streaming applications like Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
If you encounter any issue when casting your Instagram, go through the steps again and follow them accordingly.