Posting videos on Instagram is one fun way of engaging with your audience and keeping your Instagram account active.
You can create videos to share as posts to your Instagram Story or Reels. In either case, knowing how many views your videos get helps you better plan on how to increase the views next time.
People ask whether Instagram allows telling the exact person who viewed your video.
Here’s the thing, for Instagram posts, you can see the total views your videos get but can’t tell who exactly viewed the video. In the case of reels, you can see your Reel’s total views. Lastly, for Instagram Story, you can see who viewed it provided the Story is still live.
This guide breaks down the question, “does Instagram show who viewed your videos?” by discussing three instances. We will see the steps for checking your videos’ views for Instagram posts, stories, and reels.
Does Instagram Show Who Viewed Your Videos?
There is no direct way to see the Instagram profiles of people who view the videos you post or share as reels.
However, you can view the total likes and views the videos get. Your only chance of seeing the exact people who view your videos is when your Instagram Story is live.
Let’s see more about that.
How To Check Views on Instagram Posts
If you shared a video on your Instagram as a post, you could view the details using the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account on your mobile phone.
- Click your profile image at the bottom.
- On the next page, locate the video you want to check its details on and tap on it.
- Below the video, you will notice the total views it got shown. Also, you can see the video’s total likes and the names of the people that liked the video.
The assumption is that most people who liked the video viewed it. The only bad news is that you can’t tell who exactly viewed the video.
How To Check Views on Instagram Reels
The number of views your Reel has is called “Plays.” When checking the total views your Reels have, we review the total plays they get.
However, we still can’t know who viewed the reels, but we can see the total views using the below steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Go to your Instagram profile page by tapping on your profile image at the bottom.
- Locate the Reel you want to analyze and tap on it.
- At the bottom of the Reel, you will see the total likes it has; by tapping on the likes, you’ll see the number of plays/views your Instagram Reel has received.
Still, like Instagram posts, you can’t see the individual viewers.
How To Check Views on Instagram Story
Instagram Story is a feature that allows users to upload a video or picture for their audience to view, and you can upload several images or videos. After 24 hours, videos and photos will disappear from your Story and can get accessed via your profile highlights.
The good news is that while the Story is highlighted, within 24 hours since posting, you can see the profiles of users who view your video.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account on your phone.
- Click on “Your Story” at the top.
- Click on the “Activity” button at the bottom of the Story.
- A pop-up displaying the total views your video has will appear.
- Click on it and scroll through the list, checking the people that have viewed your video.
Note that for public Instagram accounts, anyone can view your Instagram Story. Therefore, don’t be surprised to find users you don’t follow having viewed your videos.
Instagram allows you to see the total views your videos share as posts, Reels, and Stories get.
However, when checking your live Instagram Story, you can only see the people that viewed your videos.
We’ve seen the steps for checking your video views in the three instances, have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. However, you can only see the exact person who viewed your video in the live Instagram Story. You can only see the videos’ total views for reels and Instagram posts, not the particular viewers.