Our past is full of mistakes. Some regret wasting time, some feel embarrassed over their relationships, while some make the mistake of uploading too much on the internet. Given your presence here, we assume you want a fresh social media startup. But, what to do if you forget the email and password of the account you desperately want to delete?
You can delete an old Instagram account by using a mobile number. On the login page, tap “Forgot Password” and enter your phone number. Instagram will send a login link to your inbox by following which you’ll be able to reset your password. Once done, visit the “delete your account” page, and delete your account.
However, what if you don’t remember the mobile number as well? Don’t worry; there are several other ways to access and delete an old account. Keep scrolling to learn about them.
This article will teach you how to delete an old Instagram account without a password or email.
Methods To Delete Old Instagram Account Without Password or Email
Method #1: Recover Password Through Mobile Number
There are three direct ways to access your Instagram account, i.e., email, password, or phone number. But since you are scrolling this post, there is a possibility that the first two options are not viable for you. In this case, the following option is your final resort: log in through a registered phone number.
To log in without email and a password, you will need to perform these steps:
- Open the Instagram application or webpage.
- Click on the “Get help logging in” option on the login page.
- Enter your registered phone number in the empty field and hit Next.
- Choose a suitable option, “Send an email” or “Send an SMS“. We recommend you choose the SMS option.
- Follow the login link sent to you.
- Your Instagram app will open, reset the password and save.
Once you have set a new password, you can enter your account. This will enable you to delete it.
To delete your old account, you will need to follow this:
- Visit the “Delete Your Account” page.
- A drop-down arrow will appear listing reasons why you want to delete your account. Tap on the most suitable option.
- Re-enter your password in the required field.
- Click on the “delete [username]” tab, and your account will be deleted permanently.
Method #2: Recover Password Through Facebook
If you had connected your Instagram with Facebook, chances are that you will succeed in recovering your account. You just need to perform these simple steps:
- Open the Instagram login page.
- Below the login tab, there is a “Login With Facebook” option; click on it. If your device is logged into your Facebook account, it shows “Continue as Your Name.” Click either of these options.
- Go to the Settings and open the Security option.
- Tap on Password and select the reset using Facebook option.
- Enter your Facebook password and reset your Instagram password.
Once done, you can delete your account following the steps mentioned in the above section.
Remember that this method is helpful only if your device is logged into Facebook. If not, you will have to enter your email address/phone number and password first. Without it, you will not be able to access Facebook and Instagram.
Method #3: Report Your Profile
Instagram does allow reporting profiles and content violating the community guidelines. If the platform finds any complaint legit, they terminate the account. You can take advantage of this protective feature and report your old profile.
For this, you will need to proceed as follows:
- Type your old username in the search tab and open the profile.
- In android, locate the ⠇option. For web or iPhone, look for the ⋯ option. Tap on the three dots.
- Now click on the Report option and then Report Account. Select pretending to be someone else as the reason for reporting.
- Choose “It’s pretending to be someone else“, then choose “Me” and hit Next.
Voila! You have successfully filed a report against yourself.
Instagram does not instantly block the account after submitting a report. With multiple reports, the probability of Instagram taking action will automatically increase. To bring your case to light, ask your friends and family to report that account as well.
Method #4: Reach Out to the Instagram Support Centre
Lastly, ask the creators for help! Go ahead and send Instagram support team a request for account recovery. You can do this by taking these steps:
- Write an email describing your situation.
- Send at [email protected]. In case of no response, repeat sending the email.
- You will receive a code. The team might ask you to send your picture holding paper on which the provided code is written.
- If everything goes well, you will recover your account.
This post has covered all possible ways to access your Instagram account without a password or email. The saviors in such a situation are your mobile number, Facebook, reporting option, and support center.
However, to avoid going through this drill again, never forget to save your passwords and emails in a notebook or some other secured file.