When using Discord, especially for gaming purposes, keybinds play a great role in helping you work with the push-to-talk feature.
Moreover, by creating keybinds, you can customize how you enjoy using Discord to achieve more functionality.
However, it is possible to create keybinds on Discord only to fail when you want to use them.
Are they disabled? What causes this error?
Discord keybinds are set from the “User Settings” page. When you set your keybinds, you can execute them to achieve the defined functionality. However, if the keybinds appear disabled, it means there is an error causing this problem. Luckily, you can quickly fix the problem causing your Discord keybinds to appear disabled by enabling the push-to-talk feature, running Discord as an administrator, and resetting the voice settings.
We will cover Discord keybinds and the steps for creating keybinds on Discord. Afterward, we will discuss why keybinds are disabled on Discord and how to fix the error hindering you from using keybinds on your Discord account.
What Are Keybinds on Discord?
When using Discord, it’s possible to increase your speed of performing different tasks. How you achieve that is by creating various keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts are called keybinds on Discord.
Keybinds is a Discord feature that supports setting shortcut keys for enabling and disabling various features, such as push-to-talk.
These keybinds come in handy when you are gaming on Discord. When you set keybinds on Discord, you can press them to execute the defined actions.
Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. When the keybinds fail to perform as expected, you may think it’s because the keybinds are turned off on Discord, but something else brings about this error, and we will discuss it later.
How To Create Discord Keybinds
You can only set keybinds when using Discord on your desktop.
For that, follow the steps below:
- Open the Discord application on your computer and sign in if you have not already.
- Locate the cog wheel icon at the bottom and click on it.
- Once the “User Settings” page opens, open the “Keybinds” tab.
- On the keybinds window, click the “Add a Keybind” button.
- In the “Action” section, click the down arrow button and choose any action from those listed on the page. The action you set is what your keybind will be associated with.
- Under “Keybind,” click the “Record Keybind” button and press the keyboard keystrokes you want to set for your keybind.
- Once you’ve recorded your keystrokes, the recording should stop. If not, click the “Stop Recording” button.
- Click the “ESC” button at the top to close the settings.
You’ve created a keybind that you can use for your Discord activities. The next time you use your Discord application and want to execute a given task, you can use the created keybind to achieve the same functionality.
How To Fix Disabled Keybinds on Discord?
When using Discord, you can only use the default keybinds or create your custom keybinds. When you create a keybind, you can use it when working with Discord.
Suppose your keybind fails to execute as expected; it doesn’t mean the keyboards are disabled. Instead, other errors bring about this frustrating situation, and we can fix them with the below methods.
Fix #1: Enable Push-To-Talk
When push-to-talk is disabled, its keybinds are also disabled.
Thus, enable it with the steps below:
- Open the Discord application and click the settings icon at the bottom left.
- Navigate to “Voice & Video.”
- Under “Input Mode,” select “Push to Talk.”
- Click the “Record Keybind” button below “Shortcut.”
- Press the keyboard keystrokes you want to set for your keybind and click “Stop Recording.”
- Adjust the “Push to talk release delay.”
Fix #2: Run Discord as Administrator
When opening Discord, right-click on its icon and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Many users have managed to fix the error with Discord keybinds using this method.
Fix #3: Reset Voice Settings
At times, resetting Discord voice settings and enabling push-to-talk fixes the issue.
Follow these steps:
- Open Discord and click the settings icon at the bottom.
- Open the “Voice & Video” section.
- Scroll down, and click the “Reset Voice Settings” option.
- Click “Okay” to confirm.
Keybinds are an excellent way to access different features on Discord quickly.
When your keybinds appear disabled, it means there is an error causing this scenario.
We’ve discussed everything in detail.
Hopefully, that fixes your problem.