Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms among internet users. There are multiple reasons for that, including its user-friendly interface, stories, filters, reels, etc.
Being Instagram users, people do dozens of searches daily. However, there might be a glitch, or someone can delete their search history by mistake. As a result, they could forget what they searched for.
Many people face this issue. Now you might wonder how to see deleted search history on Instagram? Well, this guide is all about it. It does not require any hard and fast logic, and the method is pretty straightforward.
Below you can go through the entire process step-by-step and replicate it on your device, either mobile phone or computer.
Anything that you search on the search bar of Instagram records as your search history. It can be a page, a person, or a hashtag. If you want to delete your search history, press the X sign next to the search.
However, if there are a lot of searches, then removing each search one by one would consume a lot of time. For this purpose, the entire history needs to be cleared at once.
Here’s how you can do it:
Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner.
Tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right.
- Now go to “Your Activity”.
- Now tap on “Recent Searches”.
- Now tap on “Clear All” to finally delete the entire search history.
How To See Deleted Search History on Instagram?
Instagram saves your search history even after its removal from the search bar. However, it depends if Insta has backed up your history or not. Most of the time, though, they would back up your old searches, but there is a possibility that some of the recent ones might not be visible.
Having looked at how to delete the search history on Instagram, it is time to see how to recover it after deleting.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Instagram and go to Your Profile.
Tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right to access Settings.
- Go to the Your Activity menu.
- Now instead of “Recent Searches”, click on Download your information.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- Now under 48 hours, you will receive an e-mail from Instagram containing the information you requested.
- Open the mail after it is received and click on Download Information.
- Log in with your Instagram account.
- Now the page will open from where you can download your information. Simply click on the link to complete the download.
- The data file will be in your File Manager > Downloads > file.
- It will contain your username and the date you requested the info. For eg: abcdef_20220319
- Lastly, open the recent_searches folder and click on account searched.html to see your deleted search history on Instagram.
Deleting the search history on Instagram can prove to be costly for someone who had searched an important thing and now forgot its keyword.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Either download your data or access the search history only. Depending upon which method is more convenient for you.
Yes, they have it in their data log. This is why you can access it even after permanently deleting it from your search bar.