Nothing is more satisfying than earning a few bucks from something you are passionate about or is your side hobby. On Discord, you can create communities around any topic, theme, or niche you believe in or is close to your heart.
There are hundreds of thousands of Discord users, and people who resonate with your community will find you to become part of it.
When your community starts growing and getting more love and appreciation from people, it is time to make some dollars from it. People who believe in your cause and love what you preach in your community would be more than happy to pay.
One way to make money on your Discord server is via donations. So, how to use the Discord bot to earn donations on your servers?
First, add the Donate bot to your server. Now, go to the Donate bot website and specify the donation amount and the role the donor will earn after paying this amount. After selecting the role and price, save all changes. Now, your server members can use the command or the link you share to make their donation via PayPal in exchange for the role selected role.
The Donate bot is the most convenient way to monetize your community to make an extra buck. We can help you use the Donate bot on Discord to earn money on your server. Keep reading our article for more!
Why Does Anyone Want To Earn Donations on Discord?
Before we answer this question, let us make this as clear as crystal. Donations in Discord are not some charity.
In Discord, there are limited ways you can earn money. One of them is donations, whereby the fans of your community make monetary contributions to encourage you and boost your morale.
These donations are community members’ support or appreciation for you, more like a tip for the services provided to you.
You can get this tip or donation from members in multiple ways. You can provide them with your PayPal account to make their donations or create a separate donation area for Patreon members.
Alternatively, you can use a donation bot to automate the collection of donations in exchange for some incentive.
Some die-hard fans of your community will make their donations for their love for you. For others, you can incentivize them to contribute by offering roles to them or access to hidden channels within your servers with supplementary services.
Some other ways to earn from Discord are affiliate marketing, advertising, sponsorships, and others.
Check our article on making money on Discord to learn all of them!
On the subject of bots, let’s learn how you can use the Donate bot to automate the whole process of getting donations.
By using the bot, you can streamline the process of making and accepting donations on your server. In return for these donations, the bot will automatically assign the chosen role to the donor to show your appreciation.
The Donate bot is free for the server owner.
Step-by-Step Guide To Use Donate Bot on Discord
It is a complete guide to using the Donate bot on Discord.
Step #1: Summon the Bot
To use the bot on your server, first, you must summon it. You can use any platform to get the “Donate Bot.” We are using the Donate bot official website.
Follow these steps to invite the Donate bot to your server:
- Navigate to the Donate bot website on your favorite browser.
- Click on the “Get Started Now” button.
- Authorize access to your Discord account if necessary.
- Click the “Add Donate Bot to [server’s name]” button.
- Click “Continue” at the bottom.
- Review the permissions and click the “Authorize” button.
- Complete the Captcha to make the Donate bot active on your server.
Now, let’s learn how to use it.
Step #2: Set Up the Donate Bot
Once you have added the bot, you must go to the Donate Bot website on your browser to see the dashboard.
This dashboard is significant as you can specify what roles you want to grant to people making donations and the required donations for roles.
You can also specify whether you want members to subscribe to the role with monthly donations or one-time.
You can see all the roles on your server on the Donate bot main screen. Initially, they all would have a red button next to them stating “Not Added.”
Here is how to activate a contributor role using the Donate bot:
- Click on the role you want to make active.
- Specify the price in the given space.
- To set up a monthly donation, check the box next to “Monthly Subscription.”
- Choose if the address is required or not.
- Write down the role description.
- Click “Save” at the bottom.
You can also add more roles and specify their prices for donors.
Ensure that Donate bot is above the role you want to grant to the donors.
Step #3: Add Your Paypal Email
The next step is to set up your Paypal in the Donate bot dashboard.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Navigate to the Donate bot dashboard.
- Select the “Settings” tab.
- Enter your PayPal email.
- Click the “Add PayPal” button.
Step #4: Accept Donations
Now the last thing is to let the users know how to donate.
The process for users goes like this:
- Navigate to the particular server on Discord.
- Join any text channel.
/donateand send the message.
- Click on the “Purchase roles from the server” link.
- Click “Yep!” to continue to the donate bot website.
- Select the role under “Select a Product.”
- If you wish, you can raise the donation amount.
- Click the “Continue with PayPal” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on PayPal.
Alternatively, server owners can share the link to Donate bot with their members, and whoever wants to make monetary contributions can directly make it using the link.
After the donations, the Donate bot will automatically assign the donor the role they selected.
Here are some important pointers about using the Donate bot on your Discord server:
- The Donate bot is free for the server owners.
- It uses PayPal to collect donations on your behalf.
- You can withdraw donations conveniently without any fuss back to your PayPal account anytime.
- The member making donations will be asked to choose from the roles they want to get after donating by the bot as specified by the server owner.
There you have it. We have fully explained how you can use the Donate bot to earn money on Discord.
Donations in Discord are not charity. It is the monetary appreciation of your work by fans. You can incentivize it by offering specific roles to anyone who makes contributions.
You can do it all via the Donate bot after you add it to your server. Once the bot is active on your server, you can go to its website and specify the roles you want to sell to the donors and the price.
You can share the link, or your members can use the desired command to make donations via PayPal in exchange for the role they choose.