Telegram is a social app designed for communicating with your friends and family. It allows you to connect on either a mobile device or desktop conveniently. Another option you can use to communicate with many people is to join a channel.
A typical Telegram channel allows you to disseminate broadcast messages to subscribers. It is a unique way of connecting to many people at a time. Suppose you ever get tired of a particular channel. In that case, your next thought may revolve around how to Unjoin a Telegram channel.
To unjoin a Telegram channel:
1. Open your Telegram app.
2. Scroll down to search for the channel you want to leave.
3. Open the channel.
4. Tap on the dots at the top right.
5. Tap “Leave channel” and confirm your choice.
You need to know essential details when you decide to unjoin a channel. This will help you make the right choice.
All of these will be discussed in this guide. Keep reading to learn more.
Telegram is a favorite social app for many people. In fact, it’s one of the most downloaded social apps. This isn’t a surprise as the app offers so much to become irresistible. Among its remarkable features is an end-to-end encryption service that protects your data and information religiously.
The app has unlimited online storage to save your videos, images, and files. Also, the app allows you to send large files of up to 2GB in different formats. You may use bots to automate your activities on the app and customize your chats to improve your communication.
While the typical way of connecting on Telegram is to add the phone numbers of your friends or family, you may also communicate with many people at a time. The app gives users the option to create groups and channels. For the article, the focus will be on channels.
Telegram channels differ from Telegram groups, although they appear similar. Like other social groups, Telegram groups can accommodate close to 200,000 users. They are open to the public, and you can communicate with as many people as you like.
Channels, on the other hand, are not for group conversations. The best Telegram channels are designed for broadcasting messages to a large audience. They are valuable tools for businesses and organizations as they allow unlimited subscribers worldwide.
Only the channel admin can post content to the channel, including rich content media like video, audio, polls, etc. You may also use it for blogging, newsletters, marketing, or selling your products and services. Importantly, it helps in improving your brand image and enhancing customer devices.
Undoubtedly, the benefits of channels are enormous. However, it can sometimes be too much for you. This may happen when you have many channels on your Telegram. Other times, you may be tired of the content you receive from a channel.
A viable option in any of these cases is to leave or Unjoin a Telegram channel. But how do you unjoin a Telegram channel?
How To Unjoin a Telegram Channel (Android and iOS)
Leaving a channel may come with mixed feelings, but it’s your best shot to have some quiet time. Follow the steps below to unjoin a channel you had earlier joined:
- Launch your Telegram app.
- Scroll down to search for the channel on your chat lists and open the channel.
- Another option is to tap the Search icon at the top right. Type the “@” sign, then the name of the channel. Select the channel you want to unjoin from the result.
- Once in the channel, tap the three dots at the top right.
- Select “Leave channel” from the four options.
- A new window will open up, asking you to confirm your choice. Tap “LEAVE CHANNEL.”
How To Unjoin a Telegram Channel (Desktop)
Leaving a channel on the desktop follows a different path from the mobile version. Nonetheless, the process is seamless and straightforward. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Telegram app on your desktop.
- Scroll down your chat list to find the channel you want to leave.
- You may also tap the Search bar at the top left. Type the “@” symbol, then add the channel’s name. Select the particular channel from the options.
- Click the horizontal dots at the upper right.
- Click “Leave channel.”
- Confirm your choice by clicking “LEAVE CHANNEL” below.
Telegram channels allow you to reach a large audience at the same time. It is created for broadcast messages, but you may send any content or files to many people.
While channels allow people to receive information, it can be overwhelming sometimes. Thankfully, you may unjoin anytime you want – an option this guide has analyzed carefully.