Are you looking for a way to show your local time in your Discord?
When viewing messages in a voice channel, it makes sense when you view the content in your local time zone. That way, you can see when someone shares something on the channel.
So, how can you show local time in Discord? Read on to find out!
Discord detects the local time in your device to use it for showing the date and time on your Discord account. So, if you have an incorrectly set time zone on your device, the same will reflect on your Discord. To show local time in Discord, open the settings on your desktop or mobile, change the time zone, and set it to match your local time. Once you reopen Discord, it will automatically show the correct local time.
We will discuss why Discord shows a different local time and cover the steps to show local time in Discord on your mobile and desktop Discord version. That way, you will have the correct set time for your Discord by the end of this guide.
Why Does Discord Show Incorrect Local Time?
Discord is a messaging platform used by gamers, streamers, etc., to communicate. When using Discord to communicate, it is more convenient to follow the conversation while seeing the shared text in your local time. That way, you can know when someone shared a given file or message in your local time.
If Discord shows an incorrect local time, you’ve set the wrong time zone on your device.
Discord has access to your system’s clock and will use the set time zone to show time on your Discord.
So, if you change your timezone, the change in local time will also reflect on your Discord account.
How To Show Local Time in Discord
Syncing time on Discord was initially a struggle for most people. However, it has never got this easier. Changing the time on your Discord app is easy, and we will cover the instances for mobile and desktop.
If your Discord is not displaying the correct local time, use any of the methods below to adjust the local time.
- Click the start button, search for the “Control panel”, and click on it to open.
- On the control panel window, click the “Clock and Region” option.
- Tap on the “Change the time zone” option.
- Once the “Date and time” window opens, click on the “Change time zone” option.
- Select your timezone from the dropdown menu and click “Ok” to save the changes.
Once you restart your PC and open Discord, your local time will reflect on Discord.
- Tap on the Apple menu button on the left of your home screen.
- Click on “System Preferences”.
- Tap on the “Time & Date” and click the padlock icon.
- Enter the password and click the “Unlock” button.
- Uncheck the option to “set date and time automatically”.
- Set the correct local time and date, then click the “Save” button.
- Next, disable the option for automatic timezone and instead set the local timezone by choosing the closest city.
- Save the changes and restart your Discord to reflect the local time.
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Click the “General” option.
- Tap the “Date & Time” on the window.
- Next, toggle off the option for “Set Automatically”.
- Click on “Time Zone” and set your local time zone.
- Confirm the action and restart your Discord app.
Your Discord will now show your local time.
- Open the settings app.
- Click on the “Date & time” under the “System” on the settings page.
- Disable the option for “Automatic time zone”.
- Select your correct time zone.
- Once you restart Discord, you will have the correct time set for your Discord.
Discord shows the local time in your system. So, if your local time zone is incorrect, the incorrect time will reflect on Discord.
We’ve seen the steps to show local time in Discord for Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.