Personal Instagram accounts are an excellent way to share beautiful photos, socialize and keep up with friends. For business, Instagram can help you boost sales by driving brand awareness and increasing audience engagement through different features like stories and live videos.
If you’re wondering how to share a screen on Instagram with friends or on your business account, the truth is there isn’t a direct way to share an Instagram screen currently. Luckily, you can use a few other methods to achieve the same goal.
The other way is to share a screen on Instagram Live. To do this:
1. Prepare the images/screenshots you want to share on Instagram live video, then open the Instagram app.
2. Click on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
3. On your page, click on the plus icon at the top right corner, then scroll down the options to Live.
4. After starting a Live video, you’ll see a camera roll icon on the right section of your Instagram live screen. Tap on it.
5. Tap on the image/screenshot you want to share. Your live video image will switch to the top right corner of the screen, and whatever you’ve shared will occupy the rest of the screen.
To learn more about sharing a screen on Instagram, read this article to the end.
Overview of Sharing Screen on Instagram
As mentioned earlier, Instagram doesn’t have a direct screen sharing feature. For this reason, you are limited to taking a screenshot of your screen and posting it or sharing screens on Instagram live. If you’re using Instagram for business, sharing a screen in live video is an excellent way to boost your audience and improve content delivery.
If you choose to share a screen on Instagram live, ensure the screens you intend to share are vertical. Remember that your live image and the screens need to be visible to achieve the desired effect. It’s also essential to note that other people’s comments and avatars will occupy the bottom half of the live video. To prevent these comments from covering some of the information on the screen, ensure you only add information to the top and center part of the screen.
Next, we delve into a step-by-step guide on sharing a screen on Instagram.
Step-by-Step Guide on Sharing Screen on Instagram
There are two alternative methods to sharing screens on Instagram. These include:
Method #1: Taking a Screenshot
You can share a screen on Instagram by taking a screenshot of a post or your photos. Here’s how to take a screenshot of a post.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Scroll to the post you want to screenshot.
- If your phone has a screenshot tool, use it to screenshot the post. If not, press the volume and power button to screenshot the post.
- Next, click on your Instagram Profile icon.
- Click on the Plus icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Post option.
- Select the screenshot from your camera roll.
- Click on the Post.
Method #2: Sharing Screen on Instagram Live
The other way to share a screen is using Instagram live. Before sharing a screen or screens on Instagram live, it’s essential to prepare them. If you’re preparing a tutorial or a similar video, prepare the screens in the order you want to share them. Next, follow the steps below to start a live video on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- At the top of the page, click on the Plus icon.
- Select Live from the list of options that appear.
- Tap on the Live broadcast icon to start your Instagram live session.
Now that you’ve started a live Instagram video, here’s how you can share screens:
- You’ll see a Camera roll icon on the right section of your Instagram live screen. Tap on it.
- Scroll through the camera roll to get to the screens you had prepared.
- Tap on the first screen/image.
- Your live stream image will switch to the top-right corner of the screen while your screen/image occupies the rest of the screen.
- You can switch between different screens by repeating the above procedure.
Not all smartphones support screen sharing on Instagram live. Some Android phones and older versions of Instagram do not have a camera roll icon when you start a live video on Instagram. In such a case, finding a phone that supports the feature is the only solution.
More on Sharing Screen on Instagram Live
When looking to share a screen on Instagram live, creating a screen with a darker tone at the bottom is essential. Remember other users will likely join and comment on your video. A darker tone at the bottom section will help you see comments.
It’s also essential to remember that the video comments will appear on the bottom part of the screen. Retaining information on the top and center part of the screens you want to share ensures all the information reaches the intended audience.
As you’ve learned from this article, Instagram doesn’t have a screen sharing feature. But there are two methods you can use to achieve the same goal, taking a screenshot or sharing a screen on Instagram live.
No, users don’t receive notifications when other users take screenshots of their posts.
Yes, you can. To share another user’s Instagram stories, open the story, then tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on the share option, select the user you want to share the story with, and click on share.