Discord is a messaging and VoIP app that has recently gained popularity. Users can create different channels on the app and separate additional groups.
However, navigating your way through the platform can sometimes be intimidating. Many users have trouble sending images on Discord. So, if you’re also looking to send pictures on Discord, you’ve come to the right place.
There are multiple ways to send images on Discord. However, the easiest way is to open the direct message chat or the channel on which you wish to send the photo. Then click on the “+” sign on the bottom left of your screen. This will take you to the files folder on your PC or the images section on your mobile device. From here, you can select and send any image of your choice.
Although a little confusing to use at first, Discord is a unique app that provides its users with multiple communication opportunities. This article will take you step-by-step through sending images on Discord and hopefully try to make this VoIP app easier.
How To Send Images on Discord Using a PC?
There are two main methods to send images on Discord using your PC. We’ll explain both below.
Before proceeding with the steps mentioned below, make sure to download the Discord app on your PC. You can download the app here. Alternatively, you can use the browser version.
Method #1: Sending Images From Within the Chat
Follow these simple steps to send images on Discord:
- Open the Discord app on your PC or go to the website.
- Open the chat of your choice.
- The servers you are added to are on the left side of your screen. Different servers are marked by their initials. Within the server, you can open the channel you wish to send the image on.
- Direct message chats can be accessed through the purple Discord icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- You can search for the user by typing their name in the search box at the top. If you’ve previously interacted with the user via direct message, their name will show on the left of the screen automatically. You can access it from here as well.
- Select the channel/chat to open the chat window.
- Once in the chat, click twice on the plus “+” sign in the bottom left corner of the chat window. This will open the files folder of your PC.
- Within the files folder, open the pictures folder or wherever else you want to upload the image.
- Double-click on the image of your choice, and it will open in the chat window on Discord.
- Add text to go along with the image or send it without any text.
Method #2: Drag and Drop Images
This is a fun Discord feature specific for PCs and makes sending images a lot easier.
To do so, open the Discord app on half of your screen and your files folder on the other half. Select and hold down on the left mouse button to drag the image.
Now using your mouse, drag the image to your Discord chat and release the left mouse button. The image will now show within the chatbox on Discord. Now all you have to do is press send.
Ensure to have your Discord chat open on the screen before dragging the image onto it
How To Send Images on Discord Using Your Mobile Device?
The Discord mobile app is quite user-friendly and makes sending images easy. The application is the same on Android and Apple phones to give users a standardized experience.
Here’s how you can send images on Discord through your mobile phone:
- Open the Discord application on your mobile device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of your screen. This will show you the various servers you are a part of.
- Choose the Server/Chat you want to send the image in.
- The servers are represented by their initials or designated server image.
- Chats can be accessed through the chat icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Within the server, choose the channel you wish to send the image on.
- Once the chat is on your screen, tap the plus sign (“+”) in the bottom left corner.
- Tap “View all” to choose a picture from your phone’s gallery. Alternatively, if you wish to take the picture directly, click on the “Camera” option.
- Select the picture from your phone’s gallery. This will open the image in the chat window. At this point, you can choose to type in the text to go with the picture.
- Tap on the arrow sign to send the picture in the chat.
Whether for gaming or work purposes, the Discord app provides a one-stop shop for all its users.
Once you understand the app’s workings, it gets pretty easy to utilize its multiple unique features.
Comment below if you found this helpful article, and let us know what you’d like us to discuss next.
If you cannot send pictures through your Discord app, likely, you haven’t given the app access to your phone’s gallery. Grant the app access through the phone’s settings.
If your file isn’t going through on Discord, it is because it is too large. Either shorten the file by altering its format or send it through a different platform. You could use this online tool to compress your files as well.
There can be multiple reasons for messages not sending on Discord. The most likely cause could be that your internet connection may be down. To get to the root of your problem, log on to Discord’s help center.