Snapchat comes with the Snap map feature that allows Snapchat friends to see each other’s location on the Snap Map. The feature is great when you need to keep a tab on someone’s whereabouts. However, most users are curious to know if there is a way of knowing who has viewed their location on the Snap Map.
Snapchat, at some point before 2018, had allowed users to know who viewed their location. However, there is no way of telling who or how many people view your location on Snapchat. Besides, anyone on your Snapchat contact can view your location if public, and whenever you use Snapchat, they can view your real-time location.
We’ll cover everything there is to know about viewing someone’s location on Snapchat. We will see how you can view someone’s location and the various privacy settings you can use to mask your location on Snapchat.
How To See Someone’s Location on Snapchat
If you are trying to get a hold of your friend or siblings, you can view their location using Snapchat’s Snap Map feature. Snapchat introduced this real-time feature to let friends view each other’s location on a map.
To view someone’s location on Snapchat, use the step below.
- Open your Snapchat app and access your account.
- On the home screen, tap the location icon to open the Snap Map.
- A Snap Map page will open, showing your location.
- If your Snapchat friends have shared their location, you will see their Bitmoji.
- Below their Bitmoji, you will note their location.
- Besides, you can click the Friends option and find your Snapchat friend.
- Click on their username to see their location.
- On the Snap Map, you will see their city, local time, and weather details in real-time.
Note that someone can also do the same and get your real-time location if you’ve shared your location with them.
How To See Who Viewed My Location on Snapchat
We’ve seen how someone can view your location on Snapchat using the Snap Map feature. How then can we know who viewed our location? Sadly, Snapchat doesn’t show you when or who views your location.
However, your best guess is that any of your online Snapchat friends have viewed your location. The Snap Map shows everyone’s location provided they have shared it. So, when online, anyone can view your location. The only time when they can’t view your location is you go offline for 8 hours or more. Alternatively, you can change your privacy settings and set who can view your location.
How To Restrict Who Can View My Location on Snapchat
Since we cannot tell who viewed our location on Snapchat, we can restrict who can view our location using Snapchat’s privacy settings. Here’s the deal; Snapchat offers three categories of who can see your location. They include the following.
- My Friends – In this category, anyone you are friends with on Snapchat can see your location on their Snap Map.
- My Friends, Except – Here, you decide your location be visible to all your Snapchat friends but give an exception of which friends to exclude from viewing your location.
- Only These Friends – If you have many friends you want to block from viewing your location, you can specify the few who should view your location using this option.
Better, you can use the ghost mode, which restricts everyone from viewing your location. You, too, won’t see other people’s locations unless they share them with you. The good news is you decide how long you want to use the ghost mode. It could be for specific hours or until you turn it off.
To restrict who views your Snapchat location, follow the steps below.
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Navigate to your profile by clicking your profile picture on the top left corner.
- Scroll down until you see the Snap Map section.
- Tap on Sharing Location.
- Enable Ghost Mode and choose between three options: 3 hours, 24 hours, or Until Turned Off.
- Choose the “Only These Friends” option, select friends, then click Save.
With the above steps, even if you can’t tell who viewed your location on Snapchat, you can restrict who should view your location. Besides, if you are trying to avoid a specific person from viewing your location, you can exclude them from the people who can view it.
We’ve seen how you can view someone’s location on Snapchat and restrict who views your Snapchat location using the Snapchat privacy settings. Hopefully, this article answered your question on how to see who viewed your location on Snapchat.