You just made a great TikTok, and you’re curious to see how many people have watched it, but when you check your account, something smells fishy, and there was a following count drop. What could have happened?
It can be discouraging when someone who followed you suddenly unfollows you without any explanation. Maybe they didn’t like your video, or maybe they just didn’t care about your content anymore.
There are two ways to know who unfollowed you on TikTok. One method requires strong memory; another can be done via third-party apps. The first one only applies if you have a small fan base and remember the following counts before viewing the new count. The latter requires download and installation from a third-party app that gives you a brief overview of your followers.
This way, you can ensure that all of your hard work isn’t going unnoticed and keep track of who is following (and unfollowing) you.
Fortunately, a few workarounds can help you figure out who unfollowed you on TikTok. This article will show you how to use a third-party app to see who unfollowed you and what you can do to prevent people from unfollowing you.
Why See Who Unfollowed You on TikTok?
It can be disheartening to see the number of people who have unfollowed you on TikTok. After all, you put a lot of effort into creating high-quality content, and it’s natural to want recognition for your grind.
- You can get an idea of who is no longer interested in your content.
- This can help you focus your efforts on creating content that will appeal to your remaining followers.
- It can help you to identify any problem areas in your TikTok strategy.
- To help you better understand your audience and tweak your content.
How To See Who Unfollowed You on TikTok
If you want to see who unfollowed you on TikTok, you need to use a third-party app. A few different apps can track your TikTok followers, but we recommend using “Followers Analyzer for TikTok.”
Method #1: Use a Third-Party App
Followers Analyzer and Tiktracker are free apps compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
- Download the app and enter your TikTok credentials to get started.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a list of your recent followers and who has unfollowed you.
- You’ll also be able to see your video content’s entire demographics and performance.
You can also use the app to see your most active followers and who doesn’t follow you back. This information can be helpful if you’re trying to decide who to follow back or how to engage with your audience proactively.
Method #2: Watch Out Following Counts
This method can be a little tough, as it involves memorizing the previous following counts.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Check your following count and note it somewhere.
- After a few days of uploading your content, return to view your following count.
- If you observe a slight or a massive dip in the following counts, then that means your fans are turning away; otherwise, all is good.
How To Prevent People From Unfollowing You on TikTok
Here are a few things you can do to keep your viewers engaged and interested in your content.
- Start focusing on producing impeccable content. Research your competitors, think out of the box, unleash your creativity, and set the tone.
- Learn from the feedback. You may be criticized heavily under the comments sections in the form of negative comments.
- See what’s trending, and start building your content around that topic.
- Get an idea from TikTok analytics on what your followers prefer to watch more proactively.
If you want to see who unfollowed you on TikTok, you need to use a third-party app. Followers Analyzer is a great option available for both iPhone and Android devices. You can also spot signs that someone has unfollowed you, like if you stop seeing their content in your feed or if they stop interacting with your videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, there’s no way to see who unfollowed you on TikTok without using a third-party app. The TikTok app doesn’t have any built-in functionality for tracking who has unfollowed you.
There are a few different reasons why someone might unfollow you on TikTok. For one, they might not be interested in your content anymore. Additionally, they might have too many people following them and need to clean up their list. Finally, they might have fake or inactive followers and try to get rid of them.
One of the best ways to prevent people from unfollowing you is to post interesting and engaging content. Additionally, you can try to interact with your followers regularly to keep them interested in your account. Finally, you can avoid posting too much content so that people don’t get overwhelmed and unfollow you.