Messenger is a great platform to communicate with your Facebook friends. You can chat, voice, and video call. Furthermore, Messenger allows the recording and sharing of audio files.
On the bright side, that’s a great feature as it saves time texting where you can record an audio and send it instead. The problem comes when you wish to store the audio file on your phone, as Facebook doesn’t offer any official way to do so.
If you wonder how to save Facebook audio messages to your phone, there is a trick to use. By sharing the audio message with yourself, you can use your browser on a PC to access the same audio message and download it. Facebook Messenger provides no direct way of saving the audio file to your phone. Luckily, the trick provided in this article does the magic!
We’ll cover the saving of voice messages on Android and iPhone. We will also cover the commonly asked questions about saving phone audio messages. By the end of this guide, you will understand how to download and access your fun times and memories in the form of audio messages on your phone. So, why don’t you stick around and learn?
Saving Facebook Audio Messages on Phone from Messenger
Facebook Messenger offers no direct means of downloading an audio message. The available option you have is to do so from the website. This section will cover saving audio messages for Android and iPhone devices.
Method #1: For iPhone Devices
Earlier, Facebook Messenger allowed users to open and access the mobile version from a browser and download any audio messages. However, if you attempt the same, you will be directed to the Messenger app. Don’t get frustrated. You can still bypass this and get your favorite audio message saved on your iPhone.
Follow these steps.
- Locate and open the Messenger app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Once your chats load, find the audio message you wish to save.
- Click on it, locate and click the “Forward/Share” button at the bottom of your screen.
- On the next screen, search your name from the search bar and choose to share the audio message with yourself by clicking the “Send” button.
- Once the audio message gets sent, it will become available in your chat from where you can access and save it. To access and store the audio message, proceed with the steps below.
- Open your favorite browser on your PC.
- Open this link on the browser.
- At the top right corner, click the Messenger icon.
- Facebook Messenger will open up. Locate the audio message you shared with yourself.
- Next to the audio message on the right, there is a three-dot icon. Click on it and choose to “Download” the file.
That’s it! The audio message will get saved on your PC. You can locate it and send it to your phone via cable, email, or any other convenient method since it gets saved as an mp4.
Method #2: For Android Devices
Like iPhone, Android’s version of Facebook Messenger has no feature to save your audio messages. The option available is to access all your Facebook media files, excluding voice messages, which is unhelpful in this case.
What should you do then? Follow the steps below:
- On your home screen, locate and click the Messenger app to open it.
- Click the audio message you wish to download from your chats.
- On the next screen, locate the share icon and click on it. It should be somewhere near the middle of the screen.
- On the search bar that appears, enter your name, and once it displays, click the “send” button on the right. That will send the audio message to you.
- To save the audio message, open https://m.facebook.com/ on your browser on a PC.
- Locate and click the Messenger icon on the top right corner.
- You should see your target voice message on the screen. Click the three dots icon next to the audio message.
- Click the option to “Download”, which saves the message on your PC. You can locate the saved audio MP4 file and send it to your Android phone.
We’ve covered the two ways to save Facebook voice messages on your phone. So, whether using an Android or iPhone, you now understand the steps to take to save your favorite audio message from Facebook Messenger to your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to do so. However, you can use the steps presented in the article to save the audio message to your phone.
No, you can’t. The only option is to access Messenger from the website, click the three dots next to the audio message and forward the message to your target person.