Discord is one of the most popular communication platforms used by gamers, streamers, and other communities.
It provides a seamless experience for users with its advanced audio and video features.
However, with the recent updates, some users might need help to revert to the legacy audio system previously available on Discord.
This has caused frustration and inconvenience for those who prefer the older audio system. So, how to go about it?
To revert to legacy audio on Discord, navigate to user settings on Discord. Next, select “Voice & Video” and scroll down to “Audio Subsystem.” Finally, select “Legacy” from the options and confirm the action.
If you are one of those users struggling with the recent audio updates on Discord and want to revert to the legacy audio, then this article is for you.
- What Is Legacy Audio on Discord?
- Benefits of Using Legacy Audio on Discord
- Steps To Revert to Legacy Audio on Discord
- Troubleshooting Tips in Case You Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord
What Is Legacy Audio on Discord?
Legacy Audio on Discord refers to the older audio system used by the platform for voice communication.
A newer and improved version has since replaced this audio system, but some users may still be using the legacy audio system for various reasons.
The legacy audio system is known for its lower audio quality, increased latency, and compatibility issues with some systems. Discord recommends that users switch to the newer audio system for the best possible experience.
Benefits of Using Legacy Audio on Discord
Discord’s Legacy Audio feature gives a quick performance boost to aging PCs or outdated hardware, making it easier for users of all technical backgrounds to stay connected!
There are several benefits of using Legacy Audio on Discord, some of which are discussed below.
Benefit #1: Improved Compatibility
Legacy Audio is the perfect solution for users who don’t want to upgrade their computer or hardware – even if it’s outdated!
You can experience Discord with no issues on older laptops and computers.
Benefit #2: Reduced Latency
With Legacy Audio on Discord, conversations come to life in real time! Enjoy instant feedback as your voice and audio input is processed faster than ever.
Whether you’re talking with friends, podcasting lives, or streaming content – this low latency feature will have you sounding crystal clear… no delays necessary.
Benefit #3: Enhanced Sound Quality
Legacy Audio on Discord improves sound quality and clarity, even in noisy or low-bandwidth environments.
By leveraging lower sample rates and bit rates, data processing requirements are lowered, resulting in less noise and static for a more enjoyable listening experience.
Benefit #4: Increased Performance
Discord’s Legacy Audio mode helps optimize your audio experience for peak performance.
So if you’re juggling multiple programs at once, this feature is ideal; it minimizes the chance of any pesky sound-induced crashes so that you can keep up with all your tasks without a hitch!
Ultimately, Legacy Audio on Discord puts the power to deliver crystal-clear sound at your fingertips and solve the ‘can’t hear anyone on Discord’ problem! It’s perfect for gamers, streamers, or anyone who needs an audio boost.
Enjoy conversations without lag time and experience live events with pristine clarity – all while using outdated hardware that would typically limit sound performance.
Steps To Revert to Legacy Audio on Discord
Here are the steps to revert to the Legacy audio on Discord:
- Open Discord on your PC.
- Click on the settings icon at the bottom left.
- Select “Voice & Video” from the left navigation.
- Scroll down to the “Audio Subsystem” section.
- Select “Legacy” from the options.
- Click on “Okay” to confirm.
After these steps, the Discord app will restart, and after that, the audio should be set to Legacy.
Troubleshooting Tips in Case You Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord
If you’re having trouble hearing others on Discord, try the following steps:
- Check your audio settings: Ensure that your microphone and speakers are set up correctly in the Discord app. Go to User Settings > “Voice & Video” and make sure the correct device is selected.
- Restart Discord: Sometimes, simply restarting the app can help resolve any issues you’re experiencing.
- Update Discord: Make sure you have the latest version of the Discord app. Updates often comprise bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Check your volume levels: Ensure that the volume levels on your device are set appropriately and not on mute.
- Test your microphone and speakers: Try using a different app, such as Skype, to test if your microphone and speakers are working correctly. If they are not, a hardware issue may need to be resolved.
- Try a different network: If you’re on a weak or slow internet connection, try connecting to a different network to see if that resolves the issue.
- Restart your device: Restarting your device can help resolve any underlying issues that may be causing the problem.
If you have any software that may be interfering with Discord, such as an antivirus or firewall, try temporarily disabling it and observe if that fixes the problem.
After trying these steps and not being able to resolve the issue, consider contacting Discord’s support team for further assistance.
In conclusion, reverting to legacy audio on Discord can be simple if you know the steps to follow.
Whether you encounter audio issues or prefer the older audio system, returning to legacy audio can improve your experience on the platform.
Remember to disconnect from voice channels and switch to legacy mode in your Discord user settings to ensure a seamless transition.
With these steps, you can enjoy quality audio on Discord and make the most of your chatting and gaming experience.