Do you want to share what you’re making on Ableton with your Discord friends? Ableton Live is an incredible music software that helps you polish your music creation skills and performance. However, it can be challenging to stream Ableton directly on Discord.
Thankfully, you can use video recording and streaming software like OBS Studio to stream your music and art projects on Discord. But how do you stream Ableton on Discord using OBS Studio?
Launch OBS Studio. Navigate to “Scenes,” click the plus sign, and name it. Click the plus sign on the “Sources” section and add Ableton as the video capture source. Select “Display Capture,” name it, and select the capture method and display. Hit the plus icon under “Sources” and select “Audio Input Capture.” Choose the audio device you’ll use. Set your preferred audio levels on the “Audio Mixer.” Go back to Discord and create a new voice channel. Go back to OBS and click “Start streaming.”
This article gives an overview and step-by-step instructions for streaming Ableton on Discord using OBS Studio.
Ableton Live lets you test and polish your music production and performance skills from your computer. On the other hand, Discord is an incredible social media platform that enables you to share your talents, thoughts, interests, and views with like-minded people.
Combining the two platforms lets you share your music and artistic skills with your friends through live streaming. However, there is a catch. Normally, running both Discord and Ableton simultaneously is challenging.
The two platforms use your device’s microphone, which may make streaming Ableton on Discord difficult. Luckily, you can use a third-party video recording and streaming platform to overcome the challenge.
You must install the OBS Studio software on your computer to stream Ableton on Discord successfully. Here is the step-by-step guide to installing the software on your desktop.
- Navigate to the OBS Studio website on your browser.
- Click on your device’s OS, ie. Windows, Linux, or Mac.
- Wait as the file downloads.
- Open the file once it’s downloaded.
- Select “Yes” to allow the software to make changes on your computer.
- Launch the app once the setup is complete.
Once you have installed OBS Studio on your computer, the next step is streaming Ableton on Disord. Below is the step-by-step process to stream Ableton on Discord using OBS Studio.
- Launch Ableton on your computer.
- Load the project you want to stream on Discord.
- With Ableton still open, launch OBS Studio.
- Navigate to “Scenes” on the bottom left corner of OBS Studio and click the plus sign icon.
- Enter the name of the new scene and click “OK.”
- Click the plus sign on the “Sources” section to add the video capture source for Ableton.
- Select “Display Capture.”
- Enter the name of the video capture device and click “OK.”
- Select the capture method and display, then click “OK.”
- Adjust the screen size to your preference.
- Click the plus icon under “Sources” and select “Audio Input Capture.”
- Choose the audio device you’ll use and click “OK.”
- Set your preferred audio levels on the Audio Mixer.
- Go back to Discord and create a new voice channel.
- Go to OBS and click “Start streaming” under “Controls.”
- Under “Video Settings,” select OBS Virtual Camera as the camera source to share the OBS output window on Discord.
You should see Ableton start streaming on your Discord voice channel.
To stream Ableton on Discord, you need a third-party video recording and streaming software like OBS Studio. Install the software on your device, set it up, and then share the stream to your Discord voice channel.
Yes, you can share your screen on Ableton via platforms like Zoom and Discord.
Yes, you can use Discord and Ableton simultaneously by tweaking some settings on your microphone and audio output. At the same time, you can use third-party video recording and streaming software to integrate the two apps and work on them simultaneously.
Low audio levels and poor internet connection may be why you can’t hear audio on Discord. Adjust the audio levels to the highest value and ensure your internet is stable to avoid latency.
Yes, you’ll find several Discord servers whose discourse focuses on Ableton Live and using the software to produce music. They include r/Ableton, Prod. By/ Music Production and Plugged In™.
Yes, Ableton DAW is a great software for recording vocals. To make your vocals sound professional, start with EQ, then gradually introduce chorus effects, reverbs, and delays. You can then finish the recording with a slight compression and EQ.