While on Instagram, you are likely to encounter branded content, which comes in the form of “paid partnerships.” Branded content started with Facebook but is now available on Instagram accounts, including business, personal, and creator accounts. What does branded content mean, and how can you manage your branded content on Instagram?
Branded content is a post or content influenced by a partner in exchange for something else. If you no longer want to associate with a given branded content tool, you can remove it. Navigate to your activity page on Instagram, click “Branded content,” and tap the post you want to remove or untag. From the menu options, click the “Remove tag.” That’s how you remove branded content on Instagram.
We will discuss what branded content on Instagram means and how you can use the branded content tool as a business or creator on Instagram. Further, we will see the steps for removing branded content tools. Want to learn more about branded content on Instagram? Keep reading the article.
What Is Branded Content on Instagram?
Have you encountered Instagram posts with the “Paid partnership” message at the top, followed by a business account or partner’s name? That is a case of branded content. Instagram defines branded content as a publisher’s content that gets influenced by another business partner on their page in exchange for something.
Branded content occurs when you post something as an influencer or brand and tag another business account as your business partner. When the other partner approves you tagging them, the post will have the “Paid partnership with” followed by their name to imply that you’ve collaborated with them to post on your platform.
How To Utilize the Branded Content for Instagram
Not everyone on Instagram can use the branded tool. You must meet various requirements before the branded tools become available for you. The common requirements are:
- You must adhere to the community guidelines of Instagram
- You must follow Instagram’s monetization policies
- Your information must be accurate
- If payment is involved, you must adhere to the guidelines provided by Instagram
You can check more on the requirements on Instagram’s page. Once you are eligible to use the branded content tool, it’s time to get your hands dirty and see the steps.
Set Up Branded Content on Your Account
Branded content tools are not automatically available on your Instagram account. Therefore, you must first set them up before you start using them. To do that, use the steps below.
- Navigate to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on your profile icon and click on the Menu option at the top.
- Click on Settings and then Account.
- Tap the option for Branded Content at the bottom.
- Click the “Set up branded content tools” option.
- Lastly, click the Enable button.
Tag Business Partners
Now that you are eligible to use branded content tools, it’s time to start using the tools. So, upload a picture that you want to post. When editing the post, click on the Advanced settings option and the Tag Business Partner option. You must then add the name of the business you want to tag.
Note that a business partner must approve you to tag them before you upload branded content.
Therefore, message the business partner and request their approval to tag them in the post. Once they agree, you can finalize posting your picture and tagging them. Below is a quick way of seeking approval from brand partners.
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile by clicking your profile picture at the bottom right corner.
- Open the menu and tap on Settings.
- Click on Account -and then Branded Content.
- Click the “Request Approval” option.
- Enter the name of the business partner in the search box.
- Click the Request button.
Once you get the approval, the post will have the “Paid partnership” message at the top with the name of the business partner you tagged.
How To Remove Branded Content Notification on Instagram
If you no longer want to use the branded content tool, you can remove it from your Instagram account. To remove the branded content tool, follow the steps below.
- Open your Instagram profile.
- Tap on your Instagram profile icon.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Select Your Activity to open your activity page.
- Click the option for Photos and videos.
- Tap on Posts and open the branded content you uploaded.
- Click the three dots at the top of the post.
- Click the Remove tag and confirm the removal.
With the steps above, you have removed a business partner tag, meaning you no longer have the branded content on Instagram.
Instagram is home to everyone, from personal to business and creator accounts. While on Instagram, you can collaborate with someone and utilize the branded content tool. We’ve seen what branded content means on Instagram, how to use it, and how to remove it on Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone on Instagram can use the branded content tool. However, there are some requirements that you must meet for you to be eligible to use branded content tools.
Branded content is when a business partner approves another account to tag them in their posts. When that happens, a post will have the “Paid partnership” message tagging the other business partner in exchange for value.