Creating a podcast series is an excellent way of engaging with your audience. It gets better when you can create a podcast for free using Discord. With Discord, you have different options for recording audio when speaking with guests remotely.
That way, you can edit the recorded audio and share it as part of your podcast series. This post will guide you if you want to create podcasts using Discord.
To record a podcast on Discord, you must have a Discord server. Next, visit the Craig bot website and invite it to your server. With the bot added to your server, you can prepare for your discussion with the remote guests and start the recording when ready. Once done, execute the stop command for Craig bot to stop and save the recording. Edit the recorded audio file and share it with your podcast series.
We will cover the steps for recording a podcast on Discord, starting with creating a Discord server. Next, we will invite the Craig bot and mention the commands to start and stop the recording. That way, you will have your podcast recorded by the end of the article.
How To Record Podcast on Discord
Podcasts are audio files content creators record from discussions with guests on different topics. Using Discord saves money and time when you want to create a podcast series with minimal equipment and cost. All you need is a Discord account, a server, guests, and the steps for inviting the Craig bot.
This section is divided into two, creating a server and recording the podcast. Take a look!
Creating a Discord Server
When you want to use a Discord bot, you must have a Discord server where you will invite the bot such that you can use it with different channels. Besides, to create a group voice chat with guests for your podcast, you must have a voice channel on a Discord server.
- Open Discord on your desktop.
- Click the plus icon on the left sidebar.
- Click on the “Create My Own” option.
- Select the audience for your server.
- Add the server details, such as the name and profile photo.
- Lastly, click the “Create” button at the bottom.
That’s it. You’ve managed to create a Discord server.
Recording Podcast on Discord
Once the server is created, the next step is to invite the bot to the server and start the recording.
- Visit the Craig bot website.
- On the welcome page, click “Invite Craig to your Discord server.”
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Under the “Add to Server” section, click the down arrow, select the server you created earlier, and click the “Continue” button.
- Click the “Authorize” button and complete the Captcha.
- Next, open your Discord desktop application and the voice channel in the server where you’ve added the bot.
- Prepare your podcast session and ensure all guests are ready for the session.
- Type the /join command and select a channel to start recording the audio as you engage in the podcast discussion with your guests.
- Once you are done, type the /stop command and press enter or click the send button.
You now have the recorded audio files you can access, edit, and share as part of your podcast series or with your friends. With Discord, podcast recording only requires a bot that can record the audio, such as Craig bot.
Although it’s possible to use the Craig bot with the mobile Discord application, recording podcasts is best achieved when using the desktop than the mobile. With the desktop option, you have more features for customizing the recorded audio.
Alternative Way To Record Podcast on Discord
Suppose you don’t want to rely on a bot to record your podcast on Discord. You can use a tool like Audacity, which records audio from a Discord server. Besides, it’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Download and install the Audacity tool on your desktop.
- Open the installed Audacity program and click on the edit button. For Mac, click the “Audacity” button at the top.
- Click on “Preferences,” next click on “Devices,” and select the microphone as the recording device.
- Open Discord and join a voice channel.
- Click the red recording button in the Audacity tool to start and stop the recording.
You can access the recorded audio file and edit it at your convenience. With Audacity, you get an alternative way of recording podcasts on Discord.
How to record a podcast on Discord is a popular question. We’ve seen how you can use the Craig Discord bot or the Audacity software to record your podcast on Discord. Try the two options and find the most convenient for your case.