The Instagram story section is a great platform to experiment with different types of content you desire to share with other users. You have many stickers and filters at your disposal to create engaging content.
For instance, you can tell others how cold or hot your current location is. You can share this information through a temperature sticker. So, how do you add the temperature to your Instagram stories?
Showing your current temperature on your Instagram stories is quite a straightforward process. You can access the temperature sticker using the stickers icon in the “Your story” section. When you tap the icon, you’ll see lots of stickers, including a temperature showing the temperature in C or F.
If you don’t have the sticker, you’ll have to add it to your sticker tray before using it.
People use Instagram stories to share moments about their lives. Unlike your curated posts published on your news feed, content posted on Instagram stories disappears after 24 hours. Hence, giving you the freedom to add any filters or stickers you may wish to use.
I will detail the steps you can use to show the temperature on your Instagram story. I will also show you how to add the temperature to your stickers collection.
Do You Have the Temperature Sticker?
The first prerequisite to showing temperature on your Instagram story is ensuring there is a temperature sticker.
Here is how to check whether you have the sticker.
- Launch your Instagram App.
- Tap the plus button at the top and select “Story.” Upload a random video or photo from your gallery, or take it using Instagram’s camera.
- On the editing screen, tap the squared box with a smiley face. That’s the stickers icon.
- Look for the temperature sticker by scrolling down the list. Scroll it until you see the temperature sticker. It might be in Celcius or Fahrenheit. You can also search for “Temperature.”
You’ll need to add it to your stickers collection If it’s missing. To use the temperature sticker, you’ll need to enable GPS by tapping the location button on your phone’s settings.
How To Enable GPS on My Mobile Device?
Here is how you can enable GPS on your phone.
On an Android Phone
Android phones often have a quick settings option. Pull the screen downwards from the top to access the quick settings. Tap on the location icon if it’s turned off.
If you cannot locate the location icon on your phone’s quick settings, go to the main settings app by tapping the gear icon.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap the “Security & privacy” section.
- Navigate to and click “Location access.”
- The click will direct you to the location access page. You’ll see an “Access my location” button on the page. Turn it on if it’s switched off.
On an iOS Device
You’ll access the location on your phone’s settings.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select “Privacy.”
- Select “Location Services.”
- Turn on the toggle next to “Location Services.”
Once you’ve turned on your phone’s GPS, you’ll have to grant Instagram access to your current location. You can do it directly from your setting, both on Android or an iOS device.
How To Allow Instagram Access My Location?
Allow the app to access your current location through these steps.
On an Android Device
- Go to your Settings app.
- Tap on “Apps & notifications.”
- Click on “Permissions.”
- Scroll down and select “Your location.”
- Search for Instagram and toggle it on.
On an iPhone
- Open the Settings app
- Select “Privacy.”
- Tap “Location Services.”
- Look for and tap the Instagram app.
- On the app page, you’ll see three options. Click either “While Using the App” or the “Always” option. The options will give Instagram permission to see your location.
Once the Instagram app can access your location, go back to your story and check whether you can see the temperature sticker.
If you can’t see the sticker, try updating your Instagram app. You can do it from the App or Google Play store. Also, try clearing your Cache.
Adding Temperature to Instagram Story
Once you’ve added the temperature sticker to Instagram, you can freely show it on your Instagram Story. Add the temperature through these steps.
- Open your app and tap the plus symbol to add a new story.
- Tap on “Story.”
- Add a picture or video from the gallery or through the camera button.
- Click the stickers Icon.
- Scroll through the list and click the temperature sticker. You can also search for “Temperature.”
- You can alter the sticker’s position, resize it, and swap it from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice versa. Change F to C by tapping the temperature sticker once or twice.
Anyone, including you, can show the temperature reading to their Instagram story. You have to make sure you have the sticker on your sticker tray. If you lack the sticker, try the solutions mentioned above.
Once you’ve added it to your sticker collection, you can use the sticker as you please. However, always ensure your location is on and Instagram has access to your phone’s location.