When you have a YouTube channel, creating a community post is possible. You can share the post immediately or schedule the date when to share the post. Besides, you can create community posts on YouTube mobile or desktop.
Suppose you are trying to create a YouTube community post with jo success. Worry no more. We will detail the entire steps you should follow.
To create a community post, open YouTube and sign in to your account. At the top, click the “Create post” option and type the community post you want to share. Lastly, click the “Post” button. If using the YouTube mobile app, the steps to follow are almost the same. You can share the community post immediately or click the clock icon to schedule the community post. Once you set the date, complete scheduling the post.
Our focus is on YouTube community posts. We will define what it is and why we use it. Further, we will present the steps to create a community post on mobile and desktop. Let’s get started!
What Is a Community Post?
YouTube has a “Community” tab where you can post images, text, or videos for your viewers to interact with the shared community post. When someone views your YouTube channel, they can navigate to the “Community” tab to find any posted community post.
YouTube introduced this feature to allow content creators to share news and announcements with their followers. For instance, if you have news regarding your brand or channel, the best place to share it is in the community section.
Anyone who views the channel can view any community post, even if they are not subscribers. YouTube community posts act similarly to timelines on platforms like Twitter or Facebook.
Many creators know how best to take advantage of the community post. You can use it to advertise any upcoming live shows or events. Besides, you can share clickable external links. So, if you have tickets or affiliate links, you can add them to the community post.
Still, if you promote another YouTube channel or want your viewers to find you on other platforms, the “Community” tab is the ideal place to share the news. You can also utilize it to get feedback through polls.
How To Make a Community Post on YouTube
We’ve covered what community post means on YouTube and its different usage options. The last part is understanding the steps for creating or scheduling the community post on mobile or desktop.
- Open your browser and sign in to YouTube.
- Click the “Create” button at the top. It appears like a camera icon that has a plus inside it.
- Select “Create Post.”
- Create your community post. You can select polls, upload images, write text, or use videos as your community post.
- To share the community post immediately, click the “Post” button.
- Otherwise, click the down arrow next to it, click the “Schedule post” option, select the date, and click the “Schedule” button.
You’ve successfully shared your first YouTube community post.
Creating a community post on YouTube is easy with the YouTube app on your iOS or Android.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Ensure you are signed into your account.
- Tap the “Create” button (plus icon) at the bottom.
- From the listed options, select the “Create a Post” option.
- Choose the type of post you want to create.
- Click the “Post” button to share the post immediately.
- Alternatively, click the clock icon at the top.
- Select the day and tap the “Done” button.
- Lastly, click the “Schedule” button.
With the above steps, you’ve created a post for the YouTube community and immediately shared it or scheduled it to share later.
If you haven’t made a post previously, then one-time verification must be done to be eligible to create the post.
YouTube allows creators to utilize the community tab to create different posts.
This guide has introduced YouTube posts and highlighted various ways to utilize them in your channel.
Moreover, we’ve seen the steps for creating a community post on the YouTube website or mobile app. Have fun!