Pregnancies are a blessing for parents, and when you can’t hide the happiness, it’s never a bad idea to have a baby shower. Having a Facebook baby shower is a good alternative for people far apart with limited movements. The best part about it is that you can make the event private and only invite specific people to the baby shower.
To make a baby shower event page, access your Facebook account. Locate the events option, click on it, and select the create event option. Choose the type of event you want the baby shower to be, private or public. Enter the details of the baby shower, including the location, date, name, and description. Lastly, upload any pictures and choose who to invite to the event.
Facebook baby showers are becoming a thing. This guide will discuss the details about Facebook baby showers and offer the steps required to create your baby shower. Stay tuned!
Should You Host a Facebook Baby Shower
The whole point of a baby shower is to celebrate the unborn baby and reveal the gender. Most people prefer enjoying their baby shower with their close friends, but the problem arises when the friends are in different locations.
Still, it could be your partner is far away, and the only way they can take part in the baby shower is virtual. Before considering a Facebook baby shower, it’s good to consider the people you will invite. If it involves the elderly, they may be uncomfortable with Facebook, and if some don’t have access to stable internet or other such factors, they may be disadvantaged.
Also, ensure you understand everything about hosting Facebook events to help members that face issues when joining the event. Nonetheless, analyze the friends you plan to invite to your baby shower. If they have nothing preventing them from attending the event, go ahead and host your Facebook baby shower.
How To Make a Baby Shower Page on Facebook
Creating your Facebook baby shower page is an easy task. You just need to create an event for the baby shower, add its description, and invite your friends. Invited people can join the baby shower and have fun on the scheduled date.
Follow the below steps to create your baby shower page on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook desktop app or log in via the browser.
- Click on Events on the left.
- On the Events page, click the Create new event button.
- Choose the event type. In this case, it’s Online event -> General.
- Enter the Event Details, such as the date and name of the event, and set the Privacy.
- Set if guests should invite friends, then click “Next.“
- Choose the Location for the event, then click “Next.”
- Add a description of your Facebook baby shower event.
- Optionally, add Additional details, such as cover photo and modifying event settings.
- Click the Create event button.
- On the left, click the Invite button.
- Select the friends you wish to invite.
Invited friends will join the event when you start it at the scheduled time.
On Facebook Mobile App
For any iOS or Android user, the steps below will work.
- Open your Facebook account on the mobile app.
- Click on the menu icon (three lines).
- Tap on Events on the menu page.
- Click the plus icon at the top of the page.
- Select Online on the Create event page.
- Under the Event type, choose the General option.
- Enter the Event details such as name and date, choose Privacy of the event, and click “Next.“
- Choose the Location for the event, such as Facebook Live.
- Add a description of the event on the Description page.
- On the last page, review the details of your event, and if everything is okay, click the Create event button.
- On the Invite Guests page, select the friends you wish to invite to your Facebook baby shower event.
Bingo! You are good to go. Your event will start at the scheduled date and time, and invited friends can join. You can edit anything about the Facebook baby shower event page from your events page on your Facebook account. The good thing about the private Facebook event you created is that someone can only join if you’ve invited them.
This guide covered all the details of creating a baby shower page on Facebook. We’ve seen the steps for creating a private Facebook baby shower event on the desktop and the mobile app. Also, we’ve seen how you can select who should join the Facebook event. You are now ready to host your first Facebook baby shower event.