Snapchat has lots of funny but helpful filters and stickers. The temperature sticker is one such feature. It exhibits the temperatures of your location.
The temperature feature started as a filter but later transformed into a sticker. Check in the stickers sections if you’ve been wondering why you can’t see the temperature filter.
How to find the temperature sticker on your Snapchat?
Access the temperature sticker via the sticker tray on the Snapchat toolbar. It should be next to the time sticker. If you can’t see it among your stickers, you could be using an outdated Snapchat app, or your GPS is turned off.
The temperature sticker is exciting. You should add it to your snaps. Let’s explore how we can add the temperature sticker to Snapchat.
How To Locate the Temperature Sticker on Snapchat?
You can find the temperature feature on the sticker sections. Here is how you can navigate to the temperature Sticker on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile device.
- Tap the camera button (the white circle between the memories and filter icon) to take a photo. Press and hold it to record a video.
- Tap the sticker icon. It’s the third item in the right toolbar. It will open a bunch of stickers.
- View through the list under the star tab. The star tab usually houses the temperature sticker. It may appear in Fahrenheit or Celcius, subject to your phone’s settings.
- Click the temperature sticker. It will appear on your snap. Move it to your preferred location on the photo. You can also change its style by tapping on it.
- Tap the “Next” button and select the recipients or share it as a Snapchat story.
If you can’t see the temperature sticker, you’ll need to add it before using it.
Adding Temperature Sticker to Snapchat
Updating your Snapchat or permitting the app to access your location adds the temperature sticker to your Snapchat.
Option #1: Update Snapchat App
On an Android Phone
- Head to the Play Store.
- Type Snapchat on the search bar.
- Tap the “Update” button. If you can’t see the Update button, your Snapchat app is already updated.
Also, ensure you’re operating the latest Android version.
On an iPhone
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Snapchat.
- Select the Snapchat app.
- Click the “Update” option next to the Snapchat app. The App Store will download and update your Snapchat app.
If you can’t see the “Update” button, your Snapchat is up to date.
Once updated, open the app to access your Snapchat.
- Click the shutter button to take a photo.
- On your right, you’ll see a toolbar. Click the square icon (stickers icon).
- Look for the temperature sticker.
- The sticker will show your current location’s temperature.
Is the sticker still missing? You’ll need to give Snapchat access to your current location.
Option #2: Permitting Snapchat to Obtain the Access to Your Location
You can’t have the temperature sticker if Snapchat cannot access your current location. Turn on your GPS and let Snapchat access your current location. Here is how to do it.
On an Android Device
You can turn it on from the quick settings on your screen. Drag your screen downwards and tap the location icon.
If you don’t find location information on quick settings:
- Open the Setting app.
- Go to “Location.”
- Turn on the “Location access” toggle.
Once GPS is on, give location access to your Snapchat.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to “Apps.”
- Click on “Manage apps.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Snapchat.“
- Tap on “App permissions.”
- Select the “Location” option.
- Select “Only while using the app” option.
Go back and check whether you have the temperature sticker under the star-shaped tab.
On an iPhone
The process is slightly different on iOS devices.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Tap on “Privacy & security.”
- Select “Location Services.”
- Turn on the toggle next to “Location Services.”
- Scroll down to Snapchat and tap on it.
- Choose the “While using the app” option.
After enabling location services:
- Launch your Snapchat app.
- Tap the camera button to take a photo or video.
- Click the stickers icon.
- Look for the temperature sticker; it should be under the star tab.
- Click on the temperature sticker to move it to your snap.
Snapchat is fun and full of colorful stickers. You can express your emotions using filters and stickers. You can brag about your locale’s temperature using the temperature sticker on your snap.
You can pinch to shrink the sticker or zoom in to read the information contained on the sticker. When you tap the temperature, you can change it to a 3-day or 5-day forecast. You can convert your readings from Fahrenheit to Celsius. But to do all this, you must know how to add temperature to your snaps.
Yes, it’s possible to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit. You can change it by tapping the sticker until it shows your preferred temperature readings.