YouTube Music offers a vast supply of musical content, including albums, singles, EPs, remixes, and live performances.
However, the free plan has ads that interrupt music playback and may lack some content. But there is a catch; you can upgrade to YouTube Music Premium for ad-free music streaming and unlimited content.
What if I don’t want to pay the subscription? How do I get YouTube Music Premium for free?
To get YouTube Music Premium for free, try the free trial. YouTube Music Premium offers a one-month free trial to enjoy its perks, including ad-free streaming, playing music in the background over other apps, and saving videos for offline streaming. You can cancel the subscription before the trial ends if you don’t intend to pay.
If you are looking for ways to get YouTube Music Premium for free, read this post to the end.
YouTube Music is Google’s music-centric streaming platform with a mobile and desktop app. It offers an extensive global music catalog, from pop, rap, indie, rock, afrobeat, and gospel to traditional folk from various regions. However, it is laden with ads that interrupt your streaming.
If you want to eliminate the ads, YouTube Music offers an ad-free service at a fee. Dubbed YouTube Music Premium, the service starts at $4.99 per month and includes various plans. These offers include family, student, and individual packages at $14.99, $4.99, and $9.99 per month.
Besides the ad-free experience, YouTube Music Premium provides other benefits. These perks include:
- Background playback, which lets you continue playing music while using other apps.
- Offline listening allows you to download music to listen to later without an internet connection.
- Unlimited access to music.
Can you get YouTube Music Premium for free? Yes, you can. In the below steps, we’ll discuss how to get YouTube Music Premium for free using the free trial.
You can sign up for YouTube Music Premium free trial from your desktop or mobile app. However, you must meet certain prerequisites to access the one-month free trial. Below are the eligibility criteria for YouTube Music Premium’s free trial.
- You must be a YouTube Red, YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium, or Google Play Music first-time subscriber.
- The free trial is only eligible to users in regions where YouTube Music Premium services are available.
How To Get YouTube Music Premium for Free on Mobile
Follow the below steps to sign up for a YouTube Music Premium free trial on mobile.
- Launch YouTube Music app on your mobile gadget.
- Tap your profile picture and then “Get Music Premium.”
- Alternatively, tap”Upgrade” at the bottom after opening the app.
- Tap the “Start trial” button.
- Choose your payment method.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete your billing information.
- Lastly, hit the “Subscribe” button.
You have successfully signed up for a one-month free trial for YouTube Music Premium.
Remember to cancel the subscription when the trial period ends to avoid charges on your account. Don’t worry, though; YouTube Music reminds you seven days to the end of your trial.
How To Get YouTube Music Premium for Free on a Desktop
Below is the step-by-step process to get YouTube Music Premium for free on your desktop.
- Navigate to YouTube on your desktop browser and log in to your account.
- Click your profile picture and select “Purchases and Memberships.”
- Select YouTube Music from the offers and click “Learn More.”
- The “Learn More” link takes you to a new page. Click “Start trial.”
- Add your payment method and follow the on-screen directions to complete your billing information.
- Lastly, click the “Buy” button.
You have successfully subscribed to YouTube Music Premium’s 1-month free trial. You can now access unlimited music and get the most out of YouTube Music.
YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium are premium offers from YouTube that let you stream your favorite content uninterrupted, alongside other benefits. The better option depends on your preference, budget, and the content you stream.
For example, if you only use YouTube to stream music, a YouTube Music Premium subscription makes more sense.
However, if you stream a wide variety of content on YouTube, like movies, trailers, funny videos, pranks, educational content, and gaming tutorials, a YouTube Premium plan is suitable.
Additionally, a YouTube Premium subscription comes with a free YouTube Music Premium package. For this reason, YouTube Premium is better than YouTube Music Premium.
You can get YouTube Music Premium for free by signing up for the one-month free trial. This trial is available for first-time subscribers of YouTube Premium, YouTube Red, YouTube Music Premium, and Google Play Music.
There is no way to get YouTube Music Premium for free forever. However, a first-time subscriber can get it free for a month through the free trial.
Yes, with a YouTube Music Premium subscription, you enjoy music streaming benefits, including ad-free streaming, background playback while using other apps, and unlimited access to a vast music catalog.